I dont know what to do whith my new blackberry7230, I dont have signal at ... Networking with PinStackers forum

mgyates no está en línea Stack level 1

Problems with Signal on 7230

Advertisement

I dont know what to do whith my new blackberry7230, I dont have signal at home. But if I go to the city I have full bars. I was trying to order a booster antenna. DOes it really works? How can I put it in my blackberry? ANybody helllpppp

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: Problems with Signal on 7230

Im sure there is a cingular rep that will help you out on here, I work for tmobile so i cant help for now. Welcome to Pinstack
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

I called the cingular but they can't do anything about it. Thats why I decided to order antenna booster for cellphone, maybe it will work. I hope.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi mgyates, welcome to pinstack. I have heard bad things about the antenna boosters but I have never tried one myself. Please let us know if the booster works, if so I will have to get one as well. Have you always had bad service in your house with other phones? Is this a new phone for you? If so maybe return it and get a new one.

Ok I will tell you guys if it will work. I bought this blackberry on Ebay and I didn't know it will not work here in the house. I mean no network at all. I still have to go like 4 miles before I have a signal. I feel so upset. If the booster signal won't work, I will just sell it. Its brand new.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mgyates, Welcome to the Stacks. Have you had other cell phone(s) on the same carrier in your location and did you have a signal on those? If so, then I fear you have a bad BB. If not, I have heard that some boosters will work if there is a signal, but to have to travel 4 miles to get a signal on your BB, I fear that it won't work either. Have you gone to a Cingular Store to check the coverage map for your location?

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

yes i have a V220 before and I get a 2 signal bars here in the house but this blackberry 7230. I dont have signal at all.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

That may be the reason that it was on ebay. I have never seen an passive antenna booster that worked, but I have heard of repeaters for use in buildings that work well. You might Google for an inexpensive GSM Repeater to mount in your attic.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles