Ok so this happened once with with my old pearl and I didn't think anything ... Networking with PinStackers forum

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

problems with bb messenger...

Advertisement

Ok so this happened once with with my old pearl and I didn't think anything of it. But now It is happening alot lately with my new pearl, and I getting irritated .
    I will have the yellow face show up on the messenger letting me know that I have a new messege, but when I open up the conversation from the person....there is NOTHING there! The ONLY way for me to get it is to do a battery pull. Once I do this, then it pops up. I have no idea why this is. I have the latest OS as far as I know 4.3 for desktop and AT&T latest for device. Memory shouldn't be full (at least I don't think it is ). Has anyone else run into this problem? It's getting to be a big pain in the ssa!
    heeeelp please
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: problems with bb messenger...

I've had similar weird BBM issues, usually when I have more than one conversation going at a time; I think it's just BBM taking a dump though; your only options are battery pull, reload BBM, or reload the entire OS

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

I don't think it has anything to do with the provider because I'm on TMO and have had the same thing occur, I don't think its device memory b/c Messenger runs off of data, right? I don't know what causes it, but all I do know is it happens on occasion with me and it's quicker to turn off the device and turn it back on (this way you don't have to wait for a reboot.)

I am only responding to this b/c sometimes I have an icon showing that I have a new message and I can go into the Messenger, find my current conversations, and scroll up from the response bar to the message and that takes the icon away. For some reason Messenger doesn't always register that you read a message unless you respond or scroll through your conversation. Not saying that's the problem, but 90% of the time that's how I get rid of my Messenger Icon, and maybe that's the case with your Berry?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    ASKME

seems to happen when I have too many conversations going on at one time.... LOL maybe that's why my signature is motormouth BB must not be liking that! Oh well sounds like I'm not the only one having this problem. Thanks anyway guys and....hey CWAX nice new avatar!
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Yep, I've had it happen as well on both the Pearl and Curve (can't remember if it happened on the 8700 as well). Hopefully the bug is resolved in the upcoming OS upgrade.

PIN/ID
    ASKME

I hope so cause I'm getting tired of this! I hate having to do a battery pull all the time!