Hi, can anybody help me with my problem? Here's the scenario, I Removed the SIM ... Networking with PinStackers forum

chyrica no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Problem transfer SIM card address book

Advertisement

Hi, can anybody help me with my problem?
    Here's the scenario, I Removed the SIM card from my old gsm Cell Phone and inserted it into my Blackberry 8700c
    - Powered on the Blackberry and let it detect all SIM card properties (cell number, SIM ID number, etc)
    -opened Blackberry Address Book and open the "OPTIONS" menu from within that area
    -Selected the option that allows you to open the SIM CARD Address Book
    AND HERE'S COMES THE PROBLEM, I can only see one item on my SIM Card address book, and not everything is listed and when I tried to copy all to Address book, of course there's only one item copied..I should be able to see everything right? or AM I doing the wrong thing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Problem transfer SIM card address book

So are you meaning that the only thing that you can see is the name and telephone and not addresses/emails/etc? If I am not mistaken, the Sim Phone Book will only save phone numbers and the names, not additional contact information...I could be wrong though...?

Yeah, I only wanted the telephone nos. and not addresses/emails and stuff.. but what I am saying was I couldn't seem to transfer the entire SIM Phonebook to my blackberry.

Thnks.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Check your old phone, it may have been set to store contact info on the phone. If you had anything in addition to name & number, or multiple numbers for each person, then you likely had the address book on the phone.

If that's the case, you should be able to copy your address book of the phone to the SIM, then put the SIM back in the BB, and you already know the rest.

Thnks for the info, I was able to copy finally my SIM address book to my BB, but the odd thing is that when I click on my address book, all the addresses that was copied didn't show. But it says 72 items in it, when I click on the options, it will only show everytime I click on the copy all to address book...it's kinda weird! did that ever happen to anyone?

The mystery is solved finally, there was another option there after you copy SIM Card Address Book to BB address book to select/deselect the personal or business folder or something like that.

kunalakajim no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    214EFD7A

the SIM card can usually store upto 250 contacts only..
    Better Times Ahead

Jim
    PIN - 2052B397
    Email - kunalakajim@gmail.com

snarf no está en línea Stack level 1

I seem to be having some problems loading my phone book from my sim , bar goes across and no contacts showing ??
    Contacts were loaded on sim not phone on my v3 previously, now trying to get them on my 8800
    Any suggestions
    Thanks
    Forgot to mention that when I goto phone contacts and hit menu I don't even see sim card there
    Last edited by snarf; 03-29-2007 at 08:15 PM.

Milo- no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205FF8C5

i have same prob. my sim list doesnt show when i try to access the adress book-even after i copy all to adresss book.