Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 776

Originally Posted by salscott Please pray for a co-worker who has never had a bad ... Networking with PinStackers forum

  1. #46
    ghettomedic's Avatar
    ghettomedic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    PIN/ID
    28028AA4
    Posts
    108

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by salscott View Post
    Please pray for a co-worker who has never had a bad day in her life...she was diagnosed with cancer. I pray for a full and complete recovery for her, she is a one of a kind believer.
    My wife and I will lift her up in prayer.

    God does not say that we will never face pain and loss...but He does say that He will be with us during our trials.

    She is in our prayers.
    _______
    Jim Girvin
    CC/NREMT-Paramedic
    EMT-Tactical

    flight.medic.752@gmail.com
    PIN: 28028AA4

  2. #47
    Ransomed's Avatar
    Ransomed no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    ASk
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbhbb View Post
    Like others, this is my first subscribed thread in all my time here. Thanks for starting it.

    As I tell the kids in my Bible Study class, one of the last things Christ said to us was "Go and tell." Perfect opportunity to do this here. How many souls does this thread have the potential to touch? Only He knows.

    A prayer for all the posters to this thread (Numbers 6:24-26):

    May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his blessings upon you and give you peace.

    Thank you for being faithful and subscribing to this thread. I feel in my heart of hearts that God has a plan for each of us. And although I doubt this thread to be the climax of that plan I know that He has blessed it to play an important roll in the lives of so many. We each are blessed by it each day. Whether we are the ones being prayed for or ones doing the praying God sees to it that it impacts each of us over and over. The more committed you are to God's commandment to encourage and pray for each other and those in need the stronger the blessing! He tells us we should pray constantly, without ceasing. We each fall short of that mark at times, but this thread reminds us and serves other purposes as well. When we pray for the hardships of others it makes our own seem...not so important. It humbles us and makes us want to praise HIM for all we have, or in some cases, do not have. It gives us the feeling of unity, when at a moment unexpected your phone goes off and you know that it is not you alone bowing your head. HE has done this! He has blessed us immeasurably! And He is giving us the ability and opportunity to bless others! To pray and witness! Praise God for that everyday! It is as it should be. He has led us here. Believers united, from all over, in prayer. PRAYER WARRIORS!! What a mighty GOD we serve!!

    BTW.......
    My God can cure cancer if it is His will. I have seen it! Twice in fact. We will pray, united, as the body of Christ. The Saints of the Living God! HIS prayer warriors.

    At His feet,
    -Ransomed

    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil trembles and says,"Oh No! She's awake!"

  3. #48
    suyup's Avatar
    suyup no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    163
    she will be in my prayer list

  4. #49
    jrhorner71's Avatar
    jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Posts
    843
    I am one who doesn't show my beliefs out loud but will give a little testimony about how prayer can help. I quit an over the road truck driving job in july of 2007 because freight started getting bad. I tried everything looking for a job and getting nowhere. I eventually found an online game called Bunco. Well on there everywhere was talking about the economy so I put in the situation I was in. Mind you I have 5 kids from 3-18 with 3 having disabilities. So as you can imagine I was at my ends. Well the girls I played with online prayed for me and within 3 months I found a job and then within 3 months I had went through 2 other positions and promotions. Now I'm working as a supervisor and getting back on track financially. So if anyone wonders does it help think back to this and believe. In summary I was out of a job for a total of 10 months. Hope is there sometimes it helps to open up like I had to learn.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  5. #50
    ryfoster's Avatar
    ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhorner71 View Post
    I am one who doesn't show my beliefs out loud but will give a little testimony about how prayer can help. I quit an over the road truck driving job in july of 2007 because freight started getting bad. I tried everything looking for a job and getting nowhere. I eventually found an online game called Bunco. Well on there everywhere was talking about the economy so I put in the situation I was in. Mind you I have 5 kids from 3-18 with 3 having disabilities. So as you can imagine I was at my ends. Well the girls I played with online prayed for me and within 3 months I found a job and then within 3 months I had went through 2 other positions and promotions. Now I'm working as a supervisor and getting back on track financially. So if anyone wonders does it help think back to this and believe. In summary I was out of a job for a total of 10 months. Hope is there sometimes it helps to open up like I had to learn.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Thanks so much for your inspiring testimony. More people in this world need to hear how God's love and goodness are touching you in such wonderful and positive ways.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

  6. #51
    Ransomed's Avatar
    Ransomed no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    ASk
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhorner71 View Post
    I am one who doesn't show my beliefs out loud but will give a little testimony about how prayer can help. I quit an over the road truck driving job in july of 2007 because freight started getting bad. I tried everything looking for a job and getting nowhere. I eventually found an online game called Bunco. Well on there everywhere was talking about the economy so I put in the situation I was in. Mind you I have 5 kids from 3-18 with 3 having disabilities. So as you can imagine I was at my ends. Well the girls I played with online prayed for me and within 3 months I found a job and then within 3 months I had went through 2 other positions and promotions. Now I'm working as a supervisor and getting back on track financially. So if anyone wonders does it help think back to this and believe. In summary I was out of a job for a total of 10 months. Hope is there sometimes it helps to open up like I had to learn.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

    It is very true what you have said here. Prayer changes things! And we are told to counsel each other.
    God tells us in the bible that we are to go and tell. How awesome is your witness to the grace and greatness of God! You have done that here. You have given your testimony in witness to the love and generosity of God. Do not forget that Jesus said that the harvest was plenty, but the workers few! It is time we are all about His business! As a friend of mine would say. How many people do you speak to each day? How many do you witness to? If you are walking with God it will be impossible for those around you not to notice. Pray that God will prepare their hearts to receive His word and open that door for you. It is not you that provides that opportunity, but God.
    I had this conversation with a friend of mine last year. I was feeling at that time a bit useless to God. I prayed steadily for some time that God would show me how to do what I felt called to do. Witness. Every Tuesday night my best friend and I go to Books A Million. We'd have coffee and debate books. It has been this way for years. It is our little bit of down time. One particular Tuesday she had a business meeting and so I was there alone. I chose several books and made for the cafe. I got my coffee and as I was walking past, a man I did not know said to me, " You can sit there. It's not taken." I thanked him and took a seat not far from him to relax and read for a while. It was only a few minutes later he asked me if I was a Christian. I smiled and answered yes. He said he couldn't help but notice my necklace. It is a small cross that I wear each day. He moved a bit closer and asked if he could ask me a couple of questions. By now I am praying, "Oh God, tell me how to answer his questions." But I am thinking, I am not the one for this. The man preceeded to explain that he was not a Christian, that he was Buddhist. He told me about his life. His childhood in an abusive home and how the only comfort he found was when he was finally placed in foster care and met a man that taught him Budhism. He had studied the Bible extensively. He asked intelligent questions about the differences in the Old Testament and New Testament law. We discussed Job, James, and the life of Christ. We talked about how Paul was the enemy of Christ until Jesus chose him, saved him, and enabled him. He asked me what God meant to me. He said he had asked preachers all the same things he and I had discussed, but text book answers were not what he wanted. I told him that was good, because I could only tell him how I felt. When BAM was closing he said that I had given him a lot to think about. I asked only one question. Can you honestly say that you have a personal relationship with Budda? He laughed. I told him how if he believed he could have a personal relationship with Jesus. We discussed salvation and spiritual transformation at length. This man quoted scripture quicker than any preacher I know. His head had the answers, but they had not penetrated his heart. I prayed that God had prepared his heart for the change that he needed to make. He did not commit, as far as I know, that night to Jesus. But after several times in prayer for this man, God gave me the answer I seeked. I am called to witness. I am called to plant that seed when God puts that opportunity before me. But I am not responsible for his salvation. Only God can handle that part. So I tread this walk each day knowing what God would have me do. I am to witness and he will handle the rest. Do not be afraid to tell others what God means to you. Take the time to put it into words. Do not be quiet! Shout your testimony if you will! God has commanded you to GO and TELL!

    At HIS feet,
    -Ransomed

    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil trembles and says,"Oh No! She's awake!"

  7. #52
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481
    What a wonderful testimony MissC. I want every Christian to understand that after you are saved it is our duty to spread His word and witness to people about Christ. Most people I believe are basically shy by nature, but ask God to give you the strength and put the words in your mouth to tell someone "the good news". That Jesus is alive, that Jesus offers forgiveness, tha Jesus offers restoration and redemption, and most importantly, Jesus offers ETERNAL salvation. Two of my favorite verses were spoken by Jesus himself, found in Matthew 11:28,29. Praise Jesus!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  8. #53
    suyup's Avatar
    suyup no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    163

    great testimony

    Quote Originally Posted by jrhorner71 View Post
    I am one who doesn't show my beliefs out loud but will give a little testimony about how prayer can help. I quit an over the road truck driving job in july of 2007 because freight started getting bad. I tried everything looking for a job and getting nowhere. I eventually found an online game called Bunco. Well on there everywhere was talking about the economy so I put in the situation I was in. Mind you I have 5 kids from 3-18 with 3 having disabilities. So as you can imagine I was at my ends. Well the girls I played with online prayed for me and within 3 months I found a job and then within 3 months I had went through 2 other positions and promotions. Now I'm working as a supervisor and getting back on track financially. So if anyone wonders does it help think back to this and believe. In summary I was out of a job for a total of 10 months. Hope is there sometimes it helps to open up like I had to learn.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

    You have a great testimony to win some lost soul out there.
    It is so uplifting for someone who is just on and off from His way and for someone who never/doesn't want to believe in God.

    Thank you so much for your testimony Jrhorner.

  9. #54
    jrhorner71's Avatar
    jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Posts
    843

    Request

    Have an old school mate who hadn't heard from in 20 years who recently reached me in Facebook tell me he just changed trucking jobs and as we all know the economy is bad which includes truck drivers. Well his situation is he changed jobs in december, had his truck catch on fire just before Christmas and then caught the flu in January. He has lost a total of 1 month driving which is a lot financially for him. He feels burdened down and can use some prayer. Please pray for him and also the millions who have lost their jobs during this economic depression.

  10. #55
    suyup's Avatar
    suyup no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    163
    I will pray for him jrhorner71.

    May God makes His way for him and provide the best solutions for him and his family.

  11. #56
    Ransomed's Avatar
    Ransomed no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    ASk
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhorner71 View Post
    Have an old school mate who hadn't heard from in 20 years who recently reached me in Facebook tell me he just changed trucking jobs and as we all know the economy is bad which includes truck drivers. Well his situation is he changed jobs in december, had his truck catch on fire just before Christmas and then caught the flu in January. He has lost a total of 1 month driving which is a lot financially for him. He feels burdened down and can use some prayer. Please pray for him and also the millions who have lost their jobs during this economic depression.
    I will be in steady prayer for your friend. It is hard sometimes to hold onto the promises we all know as the TRUTH. God's provision for our physical needs and our spiritual ones are guaranteed if we will only surrender it to Him. Each time I have found myself burdened I remember this passage from the book of Matthew.

    "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

    At HIS feet,
    -Ransomed

    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil trembles and says,"Oh No! She's awake!"

  12. #57
    thbassman's Avatar
    thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    10,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransomed View Post
    It is very true what you have said here. Prayer changes things! And we are told to counsel each other.
    God tells us in the bible that we are to go and tell. How awesome is your witness to the grace and greatness of God! You have done that here. You have given your testimony in witness to the love and generosity of God. Do not forget that Jesus said that the harvest was plenty, but the workers few! It is time we are all about His business! As a friend of mine would say. How many people do you speak to each day? How many do you witness to? If you are walking with God it will be impossible for those around you not to notice. Pray that God will prepare their hearts to receive His word and open that door for you. It is not you that provides that opportunity, but God.
    I had this conversation with a friend of mine last year. I was feeling at that time a bit useless to God. I prayed steadily for some time that God would show me how to do what I felt called to do. Witness. Every Tuesday night my best friend and I go to Books A Million. We'd have coffee and debate books. It has been this way for years. It is our little bit of down time. One particular Tuesday she had a business meeting and so I was there alone. I chose several books and made for the cafe. I got my coffee and as I was walking past, a man I did not know said to me, " You can sit there. It's not taken." I thanked him and took a seat not far from him to relax and read for a while. It was only a few minutes later he asked me if I was a Christian. I smiled and answered yes. He said he couldn't help but notice my necklace. It is a small cross that I wear each day. He moved a bit closer and asked if he could ask me a couple of questions. By now I am praying, "Oh God, tell me how to answer his questions." But I am thinking, I am not the one for this. The man preceeded to explain that he was not a Christian, that he was Buddhist. He told me about his life. His childhood in an abusive home and how the only comfort he found was when he was finally placed in foster care and met a man that taught him Budhism. He had studied the Bible extensively. He asked intelligent questions about the differences in the Old Testament and New Testament law. We discussed Job, James, and the life of Christ. We talked about how Paul was the enemy of Christ until Jesus chose him, saved him, and enabled him. He asked me what God meant to me. He said he had asked preachers all the same things he and I had discussed, but text book answers were not what he wanted. I told him that was good, because I could only tell him how I felt. When BAM was closing he said that I had given him a lot to think about. I asked only one question. Can you honestly say that you have a personal relationship with Budda? He laughed. I told him how if he believed he could have a personal relationship with Jesus. We discussed salvation and spiritual transformation at length. This man quoted scripture quicker than any preacher I know. His head had the answers, but they had not penetrated his heart. I prayed that God had prepared his heart for the change that he needed to make. He did not commit, as far as I know, that night to Jesus. But after several times in prayer for this man, God gave me the answer I seeked. I am called to witness. I am called to plant that seed when God puts that opportunity before me. But I am not responsible for his salvation. Only God can handle that part. So I tread this walk each day knowing what God would have me do. I am to witness and he will handle the rest. Do not be afraid to tell others what God means to you. Take the time to put it into words. Do not be quiet! Shout your testimony if you will! God has commanded you to GO and TELL!

    At HIS feet,

    And to think, we are presented with opportunities each and every day. . . do we see them???
    THBASSMAN

    Carpe Diem!!

    thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

    Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

    My TORCH Rocks!

  13. #58
    Ransomed's Avatar
    Ransomed no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PIN/ID
    ASk
    Posts
    197
    THB,
    I don't think we always see what is right in front of us. We have distractions. Families, jobs, friends, deadlines. I wonder how many times I have missed telling someone about what Jesus did for them because I was in a hurry? I have given this alot of thought and prayer time. It shames to me admit that I am guilty of this, probably even more often than I think. This was my heart's burden the night I met the man I spoke with at the book store. I know God was sending me a message. It was His way of show me that he could use even me. And that I could not allow other things in my life to distract me. That I am called to be ready. That I am called and accountable to God first. Since that time my life is no less busy, but I continue to remind myself not to be distracted so that I miss the opportunities God presents me with. Whether it is to give my testimony, to meet a need, no matter how small, whether physical or spiritual, or to present the message of salvation. I will not even come close to saying that I recognize each one, only that I pray about it regularly.
    At HIS feet,
    -Ransomed

    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil trembles and says,"Oh No! She's awake!"

  14. #59
    ryfoster's Avatar
    ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    516
    There's a concise thread on CB related to developing and strengthening a personal devotional life. Hopefully it'll help anyone who looks at it.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

  15. #60
    creolegyrl1's Avatar
    creolegyrl1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    24339E01
    Posts
    23
    Thank you for keeping us all in your prayer's I will be praying for you also. God bless you.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •