Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am able to receive PIN requests, but when i send one it doesnt seem ... Networking with PinStackers forum

jph06 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I am able to receive PIN requests, but when i send one it doesnt seem to work? I made sure that forwarding was checked in the options.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    can you tell us the steps you are taking to send this PIN request? let's figure out where the disconnect is...

jph06 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have entered the users PIN in my address book. I open bb messenger, add contact, select the contact i want to add, send pin request. at that point, i see my blackberry sending data via the arrows in the top right corner, but it never seems to get to the other user. i have been able to receive pin requests though.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    have you, just to trouble-shoot, tried sending a PIN request by email instead of PIN, just to see if that works? i am trying here, but i am at a loss because i don't want to give your wrong information because i've never used an 87XX model before...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Pending...

Are you sure the other person has Allow Forwarding Requests set to Yes? Have you tried just sending them a PIN to see if they receive that?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

dres79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24339b8e

i have been having the same issue with 2 other AT&T users. ill send the request and and it is showing under pending on my phone. the other person receives and accepts request but their name still has not come off the pending on my BB msngr

Gmr
    Gmr no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem too and it's driving me crazy;

1) I have 9 existing contacts which have been successfully added and IM works perfectly with them.

2) However, regardless who initiates the 'friends' request, whether I use Pin numbers or not, the same thing happens - Once I accept the request it just sits in pending.

3) All my emails go through Outlook Exchange and my blackberry is actually sending out an ETP.dat file. It only does this when I am trying to add new contacts so I assume they are related.

Could it be possible that the network operator is blocking me adding a new contact?

One seriously big gold star to the bright spark who solves this one!!!!

Gmr

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

Have you contacted your network operator? Are all your friends on the same network? You can try adding me and I will let you know if it works. I am using TMobile USA.

Gmr
    Gmr no está en línea Stack level 1

Dear ALL,

I think I have a solution and I will try to explain.

It turns out the BB Messenger has its own independent address book, but when you go to add a contact it shows you your telephone address book.

Therefore, if your messages are getting 'stuck' in pending it is because you are attempting to add an existing contact that was originally created using the 'address book' application.

I have no explanation as to why this is happening or why it would suddenly start to happen (as in my case)

I am now achieving a 100% success rate:

Within BB Messenger add a new contact
    Create a new contact (even if that person is already in your address book)
    Add Pin Number and or Email address
    Select ok as normal and send your contact request.
    It should also now only take a few seconds before the request is recieved by the other person.
    They accept as normal and in my case this has worked every time!

Thanks go to Vodafone UK!!
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12