Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Some are treated nice in WC, and I do understand some people are just out ... Networking with PinStackers forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Some are treated nice in WC, and I do understand some people are just out there to screw the employer. So it is hard for companies sometimes for them to decide which is which. But in allot of cases the injuried worker are treat very bad. Sorry to sometimes go on about it but it's hard to deal with at times without unloading. I was a firefighter for 24 years most volunteer butt the last few years was paid. I will never be able to do that again after this injury. I was not working as a FF when this happened so that don't get that wrong. But I have allot of training and time doing that sort of work but now could never even think of picking up a hose. And thats hard to deal with at times. So backdraft999 I'm so glad yours was taken care of and you returned to work. That is what the WC system was set up to deal with, those that are injuried and can be returned to the job they left. Mine is not that way.

crackie no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was out of work for 9 months last year with a lower back injury, work related, i kept telling them there was something else wrong, they send me to orthopedic surgeon who did a hip arthogram and found out i also had a torn labrel tear in my hip. Weel to make it short it took over a year to heal with surgery but my work covered it, but was only getting 60% of my pay and it hurt money wise. Now im out again for 2 weeks with a non work foot injury, it sucks but im being fulled payed, some of us just cant win, hang in there.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    ok........

1995 Skull fracture at work when a 3/4", 1/2" drive socket came off the impact gun and made a 5 1/2" fracture just above my left eye. Crushed the left sinus cavity.
    Off work 9 months, work comp= 66 2/3 pay.
    I forced the Dr to let me go back to work. I can't stand not working.

1997 Helping a fellow tech remove the front seat on a 1997 Pont Grand Prix, the seat dropped about 4" and hit the carpet on the passenger floor board.
    (1 of the airbag sensors is under the carpet below the RT front seat)
    BOOOOM! Both front airbags went off, blowing me about 22 ft, across the shop floor, landing face down on the concrete. That's after bouncing my head off the inside of the passenger door. It was hard enough that it caved in the door quite a bit.
    Work comp again about 1yr. The Dr's put me on permanent temporary disability so that I could not work more than 6 hrs a day, no more than 5 days a week. Even if I felt I could.
    Worked that way from Nov-1997 to Oct-2005. Then the Dr made it permanent disability. I even argued with the Dr to let me work! But he said nope, and then the companies insurance would not cover me to work anymore.
    The worst part is that the 1997 accident caused 3 fractures in my neck, that no one caught until May 2006!!!
    The fractures caused the bones in my neck to almost sever the spinal cord. Only 2 centimeters from severing it.
    They did and emergency Anterior Cervical Discectomy, with fusion and titanium plating on C4-C5, C5-C6.

That's why the Fentanyl patches, Demerol, Vicatin, etc.
    I've had at least 6 nerve blocks, 2 radio frequency lesionings (buning the nerves), etc.

So, who's gonna hire me? No One!
    That's when I decided to start my own company and it does well enough that I started my own 2nd company too.

Now I'm the only one who can stop me from working, and I won't!!!!

So all of you have my deepest respect and prayers for any help that you can get.
    Money and/or medical help.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I had the radio frequency lesioning done to my left leg three times, about every 6-9 months. That is why they decided to do the spinal cord stimulator implant. Had the nerve blocks too and hope to never do that again. Have been having more trouble now and nerve pains in my other leg, which had not been happening so it looks like I will be heading in soon for a CT scan. Can't have MRI's any more because of the SCS so I hope the CT will show them what they need.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    ok........

1995 Skull fracture at work when a 3/4", 1/2" drive socket came off the impact gun and made a 5 1/2" fracture just above my left eye. Crushed the left sinus cavity.
    Off work 9 months, work comp= 66 2/3 pay.
    I forced the Dr to let me go back to work. I can't stand not working.

1997 Helping a fellow tech remove the front seat on a 1997 Pont Grand Prix, the seat dropped about 4" and hit the carpet on the passenger floor board.
    (1 of the airbag sensors is under the carpet below the RT front seat)
    BOOOOM! Both front airbags went off, blowing me about 22 ft, across the shop floor, landing face down on the concrete. That's after bouncing my head off the inside of the passenger door. It was hard enough that it caved in the door quite a bit.
    Work comp again about 1yr. The Dr's put me on permanent temporary disability so that I could not work more than 6 hrs a day, no more than 5 days a week. Even if I felt I could.
    Worked that way from Nov-1997 to Oct-2005. Then the Dr made it permanent disability. I even argued with the Dr to let me work! But he said nope, and then the companies insurance would not cover me to work anymore.
    The worst part is that the 1997 accident caused 3 fractures in my neck, that no one caught until May 2006!!!
    The fractures caused the bones in my neck to almost sever the spinal cord. Only 2 centimeters from severing it.
    They did and emergency Anterior Cervical Discectomy, with fusion and titanium plating on C4-C5, C5-C6.

That's why the Fentanyl patches, Demerol, Vicatin, etc.
    I've had at least 6 nerve blocks, 2 radio frequency lesionings (buning the nerves), etc.

So, who's gonna hire me? No One!
    That's when I decided to start my own company and it does well enough that I started my own 2nd company too.

Now I'm the only one who can stop me from working, and I won't!!!!

So all of you have my deepest respect and prayers for any help that you can get.
    Money and/or medical help.
    You have nothing but my utmost respect for overcoming such huge adversity. I don't know if I could have been as strong as you have been to deal with the pain and anguish that you have endured over the last decade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12