Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just wondering how many stackers are off on work comp or disability?... Networking with PinStackers forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Others on work comp or disability

Advertisement

Just wondering how many stackers are off on work comp or disability?
    Last edited by bmanley; 03-13-2009 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Nobody cares any more

Well everybody on here must be healthy. I hope that is the case and you don't have to go thru a life changing work injury.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I'm really sorry to hear that bmanley. What kind of injury did you sustain?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I was born with a disability. Not injured at a job or anything.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have a disablility...."PINSTACK"....it prevents my ability to get anything done at work

all kidding aside....I feel for each and everyone that is out of work by injury or due to a company folding.....I was out of work for 2 years due to a bakc injury about 14 years ago so I know how hard it can be to make ends meet.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

rasclot no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Me.too much time on my hands.car accident sideline me going on 4mos now

I have a lower back injury. Worst part is fighting with work over it. The paid all the bills and stuff under WC until my doctor wanted to try a spinal cord stimulator, then the stopped paying everything. Lowered my pay but 25% and since last Jan I've been off work getting disability, which is 50 % of the lower wage. Had a WC hearing in Nov to get this back under WC and to get my back pay. Won that hearing but now employer has appealed that so up to another year of waiting for my money. And that is just what they are shorting me. Been fighting the whole thing since 2005.

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I am a vet on unemployment, currently working on a dis-ability claim, so I guess I qualify- chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Riff - now your sig makes sense!

I've been on disability for about 5 years.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Trust me I fell sorry for anybody on WC. The system is not setup to help the injuried worker at all. I've lost more money in income then I will ever get back. Plus I will never return to my normal job.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Best of luck to you all. I'm only on unemployment but I've seen what its like to be discrimminated because of an injury, race, or age and I know firsthand watching my mom go through this how mentally taxing it can be.

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Trust me I fell sorry for anybody on WC. The system is not setup to help the injuried worker at all. I've lost more money in income then I will ever get back. Plus I will never return to my normal job.

This is the truth, WC is in no way set up to help the actual worker. its a scam and a joke IMO. I drive for UPS but also as a union steward i have to deal with some of these issues, its just plain sad how they treat people sometimes.

My worst one is I volunteer for a group. Started with them only a few months before my injury so everything I did with them was after this injury. With being off I helped in allot of ways, got promoted and did even more. They had made a new job doing some of what I did so I interviewed. Was told my injury was not a problem because it was a mangment type work. Well didn't get the job and thought it was because they othe guy had a degree I didn't. Well they all of a sudden said I couldn't help until I was released from my injury. They did say they had allot of things I could help with but just not be deployed on emergency things. They even gave me a laptop but then never gave me one thing to do with it. After fighting with them they wanted a note from my doctor telling them what I could not do. After that I got a letter saying I could do nothing. Well this happened at the same time they decided to hire somebody differant for the job, and this guy has permant medical problems. I've turned this into the EEOC and the Department of Justice. Well the DOJ says yes this is the wrong thing to do but they have too many cases to do anything with it. Suck because I think they are just covering their *** because the money for this job comes from DOJ funds. Sonce I started go thru differant agencies to try and get some help they very quietly replaced the guy the hired with somebody else. Now if I only had the cash to hire a lawyer I'm sure they would be in deep trouble but they know in my fight with WC I can't keep food on the table let alone hire a lawyer. States cover up what ever the want, and remember this is Illinois. Sorry for the long post but it does make me feel better just writting it out even if nobody ever reads it or cares.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I read you story and feel for you. I was born with my disability,so my understanding of the working world is limited.But I believe anyone could feel and relate to the frustration and anger you've spoken of.I wish you the best of luck. [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by bill16; 03-29-2009 at 05:47 AM.

backdraft999 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20C8618D
    I'm a firefighter in KY. I just got back to work after nearly 4 months off from a work-related knee injury. I have to say I have no major complaints with how my situation was handled. I was told I needed surgery and I didn't trust their doc so I told them I wanted a second opinion which I got. Long story short, after surgery and a few months rehab, I'm back to work. I am sorry to hear about others' misfortune, but I think I was treated fairly by my KEMI representative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast