Hi everyone, a bit about me since this is my first post: I'm in New ... Networking with PinStackers forum

songstress3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Newbie, help needed, 7100g

Advertisement

Hi everyone,
    a bit about me since this is my first post: I'm in New Zealand, am a recent law graduate and have a baby girl. New to the whole blackberry experience and would appreciate any advice/help in particular on the 7100g. In fact I have specific questions, here's the first:

1) Why does my Desktop Manager keep saying: "In order for message redirection to function properly, a new encryption key will have to be generated", but every time I try to do it, it tells me "the computer does not know its message account address">

2) What do I need in order to get BB messaging/PIN messaging going? Can someone PIN me to show me it works?

sorry if it's a silly question but right now the answer is not that obvious to me! Any constructive advice is welcome, and I'd be grateful. Nice to 'meet' you all!

songstress3 PIN:20290BDD

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Newbie, help needed, 7100g

songstress3, Welcome to PinStack.

As to question 1, did you install the Desktop Manager using the Enterprise Option or the Internet Option? Are you on a company BES or just using BIS.

For question 2, Check out the revelavant links in the BlackBerry - PIN Messaging section on the BB FAQ & Guides page.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks. I think I'm using BIS, well Im not with a company>

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It sounds like you are trying to use the Redirector function, which doesn't really work with the BIS very well. It is meant to be used with BIS.

I don't really know anything about the redirection feature nor encryption key regeneration. How are you trying to regenerate the key?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

hi, i'm not sure what Redirection does exactly, but it just comes up with this message of its own accord, when i plug my BB in, even though im not trying to do anything specific.