So, I bought a used blackberry from someone and he recommended this site for any ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Bilbert no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Newb here from OH

Advertisement

So, I bought a used blackberry from someone and he recommended this site for any software or help I might need. So... I am excited to read through all the stuff on here and I am ready to learn what my measily 7100t can do.

Hi to all.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Newb here from OH

Hello Billbert. Welcome to the Stacks. Let us know if there is anything we can help with.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~In my humble opinion the 7100 series is good for email and phone and not much else. It has 32MB of memory and a slow processor which was why RIM soon replaced this model with the 7130 which doubled the memory to 64MB and put in a much faster processor.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My history on this is that I started on a Blackberry that had only 2MB of memory(6750), moved up to one with 32 (7750), then to one with 64(7250), then a second with 64(8703e).Below 64MB I was strained at doing the basics. Now at 64MB I have most of the apps I currently want on the device along with about 10 songs and a pile of ringtones. I want my next device to be the 8800-crimson (with camera) so I can start doing some real multimedia with it.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

I'm also from Ohio. Solon specifically.

thanks for the info guys...

If my trend in cell phones continues... I will have a new one in a few months anyways. I will upgrade to something a little more powerful.

So far I like the features of mine... I am thinking about ditching my Dell Axim pda. Any reasons not to. It has wireless, but I don't tend to cruise the internet too much or watch videos on it. If it had a better sounding MP3 player I would listen to it.

I assume the new bb's are MP3 compatible... which is the best for that?

oh.. and by the way.. I am from the Columbus area.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the pearl and the 8800 are easily MP3 compatible if you purchase a Micro SD card - up to 2 gig capacity depending on your OS version. The 8700/8703 are MP3 ringtone compatible and with a little knowhow, which surprisingly few people seem to have mastered, can store and play up to 20 low quality MP3s free of charge. There is also the BerryTunes application for the 8700 series if you want to give your money away to play MP3s.

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the pearl and the 8800 are easily MP3 compatible if you purchase a Micro SD card - up to 2 gig capacity depending on your OS version. The 8700/8703 are MP3 ringtone compatible and with a little knowhow, which surprisingly few people seem to have mastered, can store and play up to 20 low quality MP3s free of charge. There is also the BerryTunes application for the 8700 series if you want to give your money away to play MP3s.
    Thanks...

Welp, I do enjoy giving my money away