[FONT=Times New Roman] I obtained a Blackberry very reluctantly (BRAND NEW USER as of yesterday). ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Bruce1996 no está en línea Stack level 1

New user, importing to my new 8700C

Advertisement

[FONT=Times New Roman]I obtained a Blackberry very reluctantly (BRAND NEW USER as of yesterday). Now, in trying to manipulate it like my old phone and am becoming very frustrated.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]In review of many threads (which I think this site is a very valuable resource) I have still not located a clear answer on how to install MP3 ringers or pictures to my new 8700C (which maybe I need to rethink this) via USB.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]To add some detail, I am not sure if Cingular is excluding some functions but I can not find “USB import” anywhere! Yet, I can find “download” but that always goes to the Cingular site?[/FONT]

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: New user, importing to my new 8700C

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce1996
    I obtained a Blackberry very reluctantly (BRAND NEW USER as of yesterday). Now, in trying to manipulate it like my old phone and am becoming very frustrated.

In review of many threads (which I think this site is a very valuable resource) I have still not located a clear answer on how to install MP3 ringers or pictures to my new 8700C (which maybe I need to rethink this) via USB.

To add some detail, I am not sure if Cingular is excluding some functions but I can not find “USB import” anywhere! Yet, I can find “download” but that always goes to the Cingular site?
    OK, I'm not sure where you got the "USB Import" thing from, but it's just wrong - can't be done on an 8700. That's only available on a Pearl at this point. Maybe if/when RIM releases a 4.2 version of the 8700 firmware, and then Cingular releases their version (don't hold your breath!), you MIGHT be able to do this, but not at this point.

The only way to get MP3's onto your 8700c is to have it posted to a Web site with a hyperlink to it. When you browse to the page with the links, you click a link and the MP3 will play on the built in player. Click the wheel and select Save.

Oh yea, and cp6169 is correct about needing a data plan to do this (or get email on your BlackBerry), but you already knew that....
    JerryD

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: New user, importing to my new 8700C

Bruce1996, Welcome to PinStack.

As stated above, the best bet is posting the ringtone on a free hosting site, then Downloading it using your BB Internet Browser.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles