Hello trying out BB Messenger -Boston, Massachusetts PIN: 23F29A44... Networking with PinStackers forum

Zhenyaw1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F29A44

Lightbulb New user Blackberry 8800 (Cingular)

Advertisement

Hello trying out BB Messenger
    -Boston, Massachusetts

PIN: 23F29A44

littlemojo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2509fd64

Re: New user Blackberry 8800 (Cingular)

welcome to the stacks
    Death is only the beginning

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Welcome to the stacks!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hello Zhenyaw. Welcome to the Stacks. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Zhenyaw1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F29A44

Lightbulb Re: New user Blackberry 8800 (Cingular)

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

I purchased my Cingular Blackberry 8800 about a week ago, never used Blackberry device previously, and im loving it to the point where im addicted to it.

So far im a NOOB so I cant post links....
    -raise the bar for me lol so i am able to!
    So, just plug in the proper web syntax form "-" replace "." eh you got it

I wanted to share my top applications which you really cant go wrong, and there all working great on my Blackberry 8800, havn't had an issue yet. I have tremendously tweaked my blackberry w/ app permissioning, certificates, etc.

1. Google Services: ~now packaged w/ gmail/GoogleSearch/gmaps/GoogleNews/Gtalk
    version: 1.2.7
    mobile.google-com > select all the addins you want and continue w/ the install

2. BBmaps: ~~ Official RIM GPS application that utilizes vector graphics in result giving you a rich looking map. Its great app, I love how accurate it is, it tells me how fast im going in my car, aswell letting me know if there is any gas stations/service centers around etc. (TeleNAV is a must in my opinion, and paying the 10$ US extra a month = its worth it if you drive a lot.
    version: 1.0.70
    knology-net/~acidmax/blackberry/maps.jad

3. NewsCopier: - ~~ my opinion the best host for RSS feed, and its free
    version:1.1.0 www
    handango-com/SoftwareCatalog.jsp?Ntt=NewsCopier&Ntk=All&platfor mId=5&osId=1014&siteId=1&N=4294912008 (open your browser via BB for OTA)

4. JiveTalk [beTA]: ~ great intuitive (connect to all services) (gui is professionally layed out "apple theme" for ICQ/AIM/Gtalk/Yahoo/Jabber/MSN
    ( I had installed all these apps on my computer and registered all the apps, and works great, you have the option to log in to all of your accounts)
    version: 0.5.25 [FONT=Times New Roman]beejive-com/jt_beta/ota/JiveTalk-BlackBerry-pearl.jad[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [/FONT]5. Berry Lookup: neat app for reverse-phone-lookup
    version: 1.0
    [FONT=Times New Roman]thebogles-com/lookup/BerryLookup.jad

[/FONT]6. Beyond411: (formerly Berry411) Awesome app automatically populates (while typing) search results for pizza, resturaunts, etc. From your zip code, and just highlight over the number to call awell providing you directions to your destination) (you can pop that address baby in TeleNAV)
    version: 3.89
    [FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Verdana]T[/FONT]hebogles-com/b411.jad[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [/FONT]7. Yahoo Messenger: ~~This works fine, all you need to do is basically install the service book for it.
    version: 1.0.95
    blackberryforums.pinstack-com/16326-how_configure_yahoo_messenger_work_cingular.html

etcetera no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenyaw1
    Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

I purchased my Cingular Blackberry 8800 about a week ago, never used Blackberry device previously, and im loving it to the point where im addicted to it.

So far im a NOOB so I cant post links....
    -raise the bar for me lol so i am able to!
    So, just plug in the proper web syntax form "-" replace "." eh you got it

I wanted to share my top applications which you really cant go wrong, and there all working great on my Blackberry 8800, havn't had an issue yet. I have tremendously tweaked my blackberry w/ app permissioning, certificates, etc.

1. Google Services: ~now packaged w/ gmail/GoogleSearch/gmaps/GoogleNews/Gtalk
    version: 1.2.7
    mobile.google-com > select all the addins you want and continue w/ the install

2. BBmaps: ~~ Official RIM GPS application that utilizes vector graphics in result giving you a rich looking map. Its great app, I love how accurate it is, it tells me how fast im going in my car, aswell letting me know if there is any gas stations/service centers around etc. (TeleNAV is a must in my opinion, and paying the 10$ US extra a month = its worth it if you drive a lot.
    version: 1.0.70
    knology-net/~acidmax/blackberry/maps.jad

3. NewsCopier: - ~~ my opinion the best host for RSS feed, and its free
    version:1.1.0 www
    handango-com/SoftwareCatalog.jsp?Ntt=NewsCopier&Ntk=All&platfor mId=5&osId=1014&siteId=1&N=4294912008 (open your browser via BB for OTA)

4. JiveTalk [beTA]: ~ great intuitive (connect to all services) (gui is professionally layed out "apple theme" for ICQ/AIM/Gtalk/Yahoo/Jabber/MSN
    ( I had installed all these apps on my computer and registered all the apps, and works great, you have the option to log in to all of your accounts)
    version: 0.5.25 [FONT=Times New Roman]beejive-com/jt_beta/ota/JiveTalk-BlackBerry-pearl.jad[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [/FONT]5. Berry Lookup: neat app for reverse-phone-lookup
    version: 1.0
    [FONT=Times New Roman]thebogles-com/lookup/BerryLookup.jad

[/FONT]6. Beyond411: (formerly Berry411) Awesome app automatically populates (while typing) search results for pizza, resturaunts, etc. From your zip code, and just highlight over the number to call awell providing you directions to your destination) (you can pop that address baby in TeleNAV)
    version: 3.89
    [FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Verdana]T[/FONT]hebogles-com/b411.jad[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [/FONT]7. Yahoo Messenger: ~~This works fine, all you need to do is basically install the service book for it.
    version: 1.0.95
    blackberryforums.pinstack-com/16326-how_configure_yahoo_messenger_work_cingular.html

WOW thanks for the info!
    I called cingualr and blackberry yesterday and was told that Cingular will not allow me to use BB Maps. This was after being tranfered to 5 different people. None of which seemed like they really new what they were talking about.

I'm so new to this.
    How do I get these apps you've put up?

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Welcome and take in all the info on this site. God knows I did!!!!!!!

ManOfChill no está en línea Stack level 1

etcetera,

I've got a cingular 8800 and I've been using Mapquest's Navigator for about a week now. It's free and works pretty well. If you really want to use BB Maps, just install it and see if it works. Cingular would probably tell u anything to get u to pay the 10 bucks a month.

aen
    aen no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for the info!