Thanks for the warm welcome Hayden. I have used this site many times in the ... Networking with PinStackers forum

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

New user

Advertisement

Thanks for the warm welcome Hayden.

I have used this site many times in the last 6 months and today decided to join. This is my second BB device and well, quite frankly, I believe I am near the end with it all.

I have found the folks here at pinstack to be a WEALTH of information and quite pleasant and professional when reading their posts. I thought I would register as a member to get a little more in depth information as well as direct contact with other users. perhaps I am just expecting too much from the device or maybe it just no longer fits my needs.

Thank you and looking forward to learning what I can.
    iMacj

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: New user

Hello Imacj and Welcome to the Stacks. Glad you joined! What problems are you having with your 8100?

PIN/ID
    3070F784

Well that was FAST!!! LOL! :-)

One thing driving me nuts its the fact that the device is supposed to be able to view attachments. Whenever I open a PDF attachment the document too small to read. If I zoom it is just pixelated and still unreadable.

If I zoom , click menu, then click enhance I get a crystal clear portion of the doc but can not scroll up/down or side to side to see more than the few words on the screen.

thank you.
    iMacj

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

iMacj, although I don't have an 8700, I know that some people share your frustrations. For a start, the screen size is not conducive to viewing excel spreads or PDF's.

I am sure some seasoned 8100 users will be along soon to share their experience with attachment viewing.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

iMacj, Welcome to PinStack.

Sounds like that PDF file is a Image based PDF of a scanned document. If so, it will definitely be hard to read. And if so, That is the first time I have heard of a BB successfully displaying an image based PDF File. Non image based PDFs show up basically as text only. Now I have some experimenting to do.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

pearl85 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have just purchased the Pearl and I am stuck. When I push the green phone icon button to make a call the input line appears but when I try to enter a number only letters appear with an abc icon to the right any ideas on how to enter actaual numbers?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

pearl85, Welcome to PinStack.

Go to Options/Languages and set you input language to the one that does not have the setting for Multi-Tap. or go to a location where you can edit text and press and hold the */SYM key until it switches to Sure Type mode.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I believe I tried your suggestions but no luck still the same situation

PIN/ID
    3070F784

I think it may be your ALT key, (lowest left key) click it and the abc should go away. If it doesn't the ALT key could be stuck.

I guess it must be stuck any other thoughts?

PIN/ID
    3070F784

As Rcbjr mentioned it is usualy the NON-Mutiltap setting in the Language section of the options. The help (?) on the main menu really does have a lot of info. If you are sure you have the Pearl set to SureType the only thing I saw do that on mine was the ALT key.

Sometimes when things get corrupt strange things happen. Try shutting down, remove the battery and then re-install it. This will cause a hard reset, without erasing anything off the Pearl.

You may also want to make sure you have the latest BB software from your cell provider.

Sorry I don't know much else to help you with.

iMacj