only had the pearl for about 2 weeks. (switched from a sidekick; good decision!) stacks ... Networking with PinStackers forum

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

New to BB Messenger

Advertisement

only had the pearl for about 2 weeks. (switched from a sidekick; good decision!)

stacks has helped me SOOO much in these 2 weeks get acquainted with my device!!

don't know anyone with a BB, so didn't use BB messenger until someone messenged me earlier today. Cool app!

figure i'd introduce myself. i'm a law student in ohio (yea, so i have no time and no friends haha). from michigan. LOVE wasting time on my BB.

anyone with application suggestions would be great. already got some, but could always use more!

send me a message or pin me anytime. (always looking for an excuse to do use my BB )

pin: 204D56EB

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: New to BB Messenger

how do you like opera?

PIN/ID
    Retired

i like it (how fast it is, how no mobile sites come up) but it is a PAIN to get around...

i don't know if it is the pearl or what (or if i just haven't figured it out yet) - but the only button i see on the keyboard that works while in the program is the space button (to go down a page) but no button that goes back up the page. i have to use the pearl to scroll up, and that takes forever.

also, i can't click the pearl for the menu, i have to press the RETURN key. i'm guessing its a lot easier with shortcut keys, but there are none on the pearl

ALSO --- when i am opening a webpage from an RSS program, it used BB Browser...anyway to change my default browser to Opera?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

there is no way to change opera to your default.

and its no just your pearl with the 'shortcut' keys, thats just how opera is unfortunetly

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

welcome to pinstack! and good choice with the pearl!

annpar67 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEC422

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ive just about given up on my bb messenger. Can someone PLEASE help me. I downloanded bb messenger and the icon does not appear on my bb.but when I look n my applications it is there. I have been getting some people asking me to put them as a friend and save their pin# but where do I do that.everything is getting stored in my email on my bb. If this is not 2 comp someone HELP. Ann

annpar67 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEC422

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

F4everag no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C97DF

I was wondering can anyone tell me how to turn it off??
    I don't have anyone to message on the BB messenger....

F4everag no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C97DF

I bought a Pearl 3 weeks ago and I love my Pearl......
    I can never get opera to connect. It comes up with some error
    about checking my connection or go to our support website
    to resolve your issues. From what I am hearing on this forum that
    some people cannot use the trackball. That sucks because the trackball is the number one feature that sold me on getting the blackberry besides the other apps that help me to become better organized and etc......

PIN/ID
    Retired

don't think you can turn BB messenger off. you can always go to your applications > organized applications and then hide the program, then it won't show up - but i'm assuming it will still be running (i think that is one of about 5 programs that are always running)

don't know why you are getting a connection error with opera -- sorry.

but i agree...opera should definitely consider the trackball in its program for the pearl. it doesn't do anything!! you can navigate around with it, but you can't click the ball to make it do anything - you have to continuously hit the "return" key. maybe they will take into account the pearl (i hope)