I am new in supporting BB's. I have a remote user who reports his BB ... Networking with PinStackers forum

mcamach no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New supporting BB's

Advertisement

I am new in supporting BB's. I have a remote user who reports his BB only shows and small window with a circle, a square and a triangle all crossed out with a circle and a line accross. The numbers 507 show at the bottom. Does anybody seen this and know what it means? Your help is greatly appreciated.

MC

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: New supporting BB's

I believe that's an OS error, he must reload the os.
    What model blackberry is it?
    Wireless service provider?

mcamach no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for your quick post like free. I am not sure what model it is, I know if one of the older models, a blue one. He is with cingular.

Thx.

MC

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mcamach, Welcome to PinStack.

With this problem, unless the user has tried to install an 3rd party app, and then installation failed to complete, I then an OS reinstallation will be required. A 507 error is a missing link error. There is a COD that is linked in a program of when attempting to start an App that is missing.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

You mentioned that its one of the old ones (blue with cingular) so I'm guessing a 7280.
    He or you must go here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4
    and download the desktop software and BlackBerry 7280 Wireless Handheld(TM).
    Install both programs/software, after doing so, connect your blackberry and open blackberry desktop manager. It should ask you to upgrade your software, choose options and let it finish.Note: It will take quite a while to finish installing, the blackberry goes into kind of a "loop" while resseting but be patient, it will boot.
    After that ou must register it on the network.
    Let us know how it goes, I dont have a 7280 with me anymore but I can try to help!