Hi guys. Am new to this forum stuff, so be gentle. Anyway, got my new ... Networking with PinStackers forum

dancin no está en línea Stack level 1

Question New n Confused. Transfer from SIM to BB

Advertisement

Hi guys. Am new to this forum stuff, so be gentle. Anyway, got my new BB 8707g (yeah! new toy!) but cannot transfer numbers from my SIM to the address book. I followed the instructions in the manual (that's how bad it got. I read the manual!)
    My previous phone was a motorola. When I stick SIM card into old phone, I see the numbers. When I put back in BB and open SIM Phone Book it says "No Entries". Everything else works (email, phone, sms, etc etc)
    Aaaaaaaaaaargh! Can anybody help? Or do I manually have to transfer numbers?

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    My wife was able to transfer rzr numbers saved on a sim to her 8700c. Are you certain you saved the numbers from the motorola to the sim. She did have a prob with a few that had pics attached to them for the pic ID

Yup. All the numbers are on the SIM memory when I put it in a friends Motorola here at work.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Do you have pic ID enabled on the numbers?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    dancin, Welcome to PinStack.

Sorry I can't help either but wanted to get it back up higher the list. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I found the problem folks. Apparently, on some motorola phones there are options to group contacts. eg Family, Friends, Business, etc. Well, once the numbers are stored with that data, they can't be transferred. C'est la vie! I had to do it manually....groan.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b