I was at a local pool hall with a couple business partners having lunch, a ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Evolize no está en línea Stack level 1

New Member with BIG problems!

Advertisement

I was at a local pool hall with a couple business partners having lunch, a group of teens from the highschool came in and started ruckus, long story short my blackberry 8700r ended up falling onto the floor, I've had it a week

The first hour or so it worked, I could place and receive calls, and receive texts, however the screen is Pitch white. Now I can't really get it to boot up I think. I've taken the unit apart (I'm pretty familiar with electronical equip) and haven't noticed anything bad with it, and the lcd screen still lights up bright, dims, and goes black with the power switch on the top of the unit.

Is there anything I can do to save this? I had to pay $700 and do NOT want to spend another $300 to fix it.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: New Member with BIG problems!

sorry to hear about that man. is the led indicator lite up?

Yes, the led indicator lites up when I can manage to scroll to the 'turn wireless on' indicator in the menu. If I turn the unit so I look at it from the top, I can see a streak of colors move around when I select different items....however I cant get the screen itself to work!

PIN/ID

hm, does Desktop Manager reconize it when it hooked up to your computer via usb?

Yep connects perfecty fine!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello Evolize, welcome to pinstack. Sorry to hear what happened. Sounds like the lcd has an issue, but i could be wrong. Good luck.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Evolize, Welcome to PinStack.

You Up to experimenting a little? If you have a PC, download and install JL_Cmder. Connect your BB to the PC and open JL_Cmder. Use the Screen Capture (4) feature to Capture what your BB is trying to display. You will need to type in a file name and it will then open Paint with the screen shot.

Tell us what shows up in the screen shot.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks for the software thing there. I can see my menu perfectly and everything with that software. My LCD Screen or something inside is disturbed, now I need to find out how to fix!

PIN/ID

GREAT idea rcjbr.

glad that problem solved your issue

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yep, Sounds like there is a problem either with the connection to the Display or with the dislplay itself. You might want to see if the connector is loose, since you've already opened it up once. Otherwise check with BBRepairshop or Promobility for replacement parts or repair.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Mine did the same thing after I dropped it a few days ago, then it started "bleeding".. now the lower portion of my lcd looks like an inkblot test. I'm going to have the lcd replaced, since nothing else we tried before the bleeding began worked.

I'm guessing that's what you're going to have to do Evolize, as well. Have the LCD replaced if your menu shows up fine with JL_Commander screen shot.

Try the BB Repair shop, we get a 10% discount. As soon as I find a money tree to shake that's where I'm going.

Sorry about your BB, I know how badly that sucks... boy do I ever! lol.

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

thanks for the help guys, but I spent all my cash to buy this phone, I dont have any to fix it. I guess I'm stuck with a broken piece of $700 plastic hehe