Hey everyone, i just joined the forum and I am hopefully going to be joining ... Networking with PinStackers forum

JusFocuz no está en línea Stack level 1

New member help

Advertisement

Hey everyone, i just joined the forum and I am hopefully going to be joining the Blackberry family soon. I plan on getting a 8700g. But before i make my decision i wanted to ask a few things.

As far as apps go, r there ways of getting free games or other apps on the blackberry?

also, if i go to a website like webjay.com where i can click on links to listen to songs, will the blackberry be able to play the songs? on a pc if i click the link, it would then open the song on windows media player.

and, is there some sort of video viewer to donwload on the 8700.

overall, wat are your experiences with the phone. Im switching from the tmobile sidekick to hopefully the blackberry 8700 with tmobile as well. What i want it for is mainly texting, Aim, and the internet. but i would love to have a well rounded experience, like with playing media files, games, and perhaps even programming my own programs to use on this device.

thanks in advanced

P.S. i will be surfing the threads to find out more info. thanks

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: New member help

jusfocuz, welcome to the stacks. I am unable to help you on a few questions as I use a diff phone, however all your questions are covered here.
    as for streaming audio the only way is to use an app called radiobee search around and see if people have had success with this app and your model.
    again welcome.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

JusFocuz, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm sure you will find the 8700 a good phone for you. As to the games there are many, but not a many as for the Palm and Windows Mobile base Phones. You can download and us MP3 as ringtones, but the length that can be downloaded is limited.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks JusFocuz. As Rcbjr said, you will find many great apps for your new 8700. If you want to find some free games, you could click on the BB Downloads tab above or try http://mobile.blackberry.com from your 8700's browser. I think you will be very happy with the functionality of your new 8700.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    JusFocuz, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm sure you will find the 8700 a good phone for you. As to the games there are many, but not a many as for the Palm and Windows Mobile base Phones. You can download and us MP3 as ringtones, but the length that can be downloaded is limited.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    Hey Rcbjr, i was wondering if there is any media player that can be downloaded for the 8700 through which i could play songs either downloaded to my fone or songs i find online.

thanks a lot to everyone who has helped me, its really appreciated.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Hey Rcbjr, i was wondering if there is any media player that can be downloaded for the 8700 through which i could play songs either downloaded to my fone or songs i find online.
    Not that I know of that does really well.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

so.. in the end.. the 8700 or the pearl? the only thing keeping me from choosing the pearl is the keyboard. seems like i wouldnt wanna get used to that lol. and it looks too much like a regular cell fone, i dont really want that. wat r your opinions?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, after having both, I am leaning toward keeping the Pearl at least until the UMTS BB comes out. If I want to go back to qwerty before then, the 8700 will do for me.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hey advice get the 8700 or just wait until the 8800

is the 8800 just going to be cingular?? =/

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

At first the 8800 may be only for a certain carrier, but it will be released on numerous carriers over time.