hi, i'm DEFINITELY new to all of this. i recently purchased the new blackberry pearl ... Networking with PinStackers forum

treena no está en línea Stack level 1

Question new blackberry pearl 8100 user - new to blackberry overall!

Advertisement

hi, i'm DEFINITELY new to all of this. i recently purchased the new blackberry pearl 8100 and am seriously just getting to know everything. For example:

-i just learned about ramble instant messaging so i just downloaded it and am using it [naturally, i want to get the most out of my phone and service]

-i just subscribed to blackberry service through cingular [so from what i know is that i pay $30 for unlimited internet use on my phone]

-i still don't know how to put music on my phone but have been seeing that it is possible. i opened up my media manager, but when i tried to add a song, it said that the file was too big. hmm... do i need to purchase something extra becoz only one song being too big sounds weird to me?

-i just set up my e-mail accounts to view view from my device, does it lag?

-and MOST OF ALL.... i can't seem to figure out WHY my phone won't show my caller ID when i call people. even though i have gone through the menu, general options in the phone category and CHANGED it to show my caller ID [and both parts of that], when i call people my number still shows up as unknown or private -PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!!!

-exactly what is PIN? i keep seeing it on here

-is there a way where if you dialed a number in a hurry just to have it in your history, when you go back later to save the number in your phonebook it does NOT default to type the number as a WORK number? whenever i do that, it automatically categorizes the number as a work number. weird.

-ALSO, i am used to saving everything on my SIM card, is
    is there any way i can continue to do that without saving
    NEW contacts automatically to the phone- or am i basically stuck saving to the phone becoz it is easier?

anyway, that is all i can think of at the moment. i've spent all DAY trying to figure everything out for the phone. obviously there is much more to it than i know. i'm sure you can sense my frazzled-ness to it all, hahah.

anyways, if you can help: PLEASE!

thanks so much! nice to meet you all!

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: new blackberry pearl 8100 user - new to blackberry overall!

Nice to meet you, and yes there are ways to do all that you ask.
    1: welcome to pinstacks
    2: pin messaging: is basically a way to send a message using less data. (You can find yours by going to OPTIONS,STATUS,(PIN))
    3:try downloading bb messenger: via (www.mobile.blackberry.net)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

treena, Welcome to PinStack.

Most of these questions can be answered by reading the appropriate links in the BB FAQ and Guidelines.

But I'll answer a few here.

File too large. The file is greater than 2.8 Mbytes and you don't have a Media Card in your BB yet. You might want to get a 2 Gbyte MicroSD card to put your MP3 files on to save memory problems later and to have full length music.

You number not showing on Caller ID, Go to the Call Log app and open Options/General Options and make sure that "Restrict My Identity" is set to "No".

Let us know if there is anything else we can do

to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

treena no está en línea Stack level 1

thank you so much for responding to all my rantings! i actually have tried a million times to apply that option but for some reason my number is still not showing up, any ideas why that might be?

thank you thank you thank you, i don't know what i would do!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The only other way to restrict your number is by having your carrier do it on their end. Was it working before on another phone? And now since you switched to the BB it isn't?

The new contact will always default to the *work* number. We have pondered this and figured that BB's were first designed and used primarily for business so that is why RIM has it set to default.

Welcome to pinstack and the BB family

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

All of what you need is in the link that Hayden posted earlier and if you need anymore help then please feel free to ask.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Ooo and if you haven't figured it out already, PIN mean personal identification number and each bb has a different one. You can use bb messenger to send messages to other blackberry users if you know their PIN and this is cheaper than texting I think.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

HEY Treena are you still there? 2 posts and your gone.Did you get the hang of your new Pearl?