Hi All, Trying to add an email address to my 8100 but I only have ... Networking with PinStackers forum

maverickmal no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down New to BB and have no "add or create email field on my 8100" :'(

Advertisement

Hi All, Trying to add an email address to my 8100 but I only have "use work email" and "skip email setup" I don't have the add or create email option in my setup wizard!! I've tried doing a master reset but it's still not appearing.........can someone HELP!!!! Thank you!!

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: New to BB and have no "add or create email field on my 8100" :'(

Do you have a blackberry data plan?

If I said, what is Data Plan? could you help? I'm totally new to this and all the instruction manuals ive read say i should have that option but its just not there!! I need someone to say "thats why" and then "this is how you get it back...." treat me like a TOTAL novice!! Thanks

Anyone at all?!?!......i'm desperate now....thanks

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by maverickmal
    Hi All, Trying to add an email address to my 8100 but I only have "use work email" and "skip email setup" I don't have the add or create email option in my setup wizard!! I've tried doing a master reset but it's still not appearing.........can someone HELP!!!! Thank you!!
    get out of the setup wizard, and open up the setup email wizard instead. If you don't have a bb data plan, you can't get email, browse the web, or anything that requires you to have network access. Which means that the setup email wizard won't work for you either. It goes to your carrier site, and gives you the options to input your email address info from there. You want to choose the Email Accounts option under Services, and follow the directions from there. That is the simplest and easiest way. What carrier do you have in the UK?

I tried the setup email wizard (I think) the option is simply not there, I don't have a data plan from my Carrier as I bought the Handset Sim Free to use with my current O2 simcard (O2 being the carrier)
    What are my next steps?
    Thanks very much!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

you would need to call O2 to get a blackberry data plan.
    then you should be able to set up your email. you would use the 'personal email setup' icon...maybe it will appear once you are set up with the data plan and the service books are pushed to your bb thur O2

welcome to pinstack !