Hi, Im new to the Blackberry. I got my pearl yesterday, and i'm still trying ... Networking with PinStackers forum

milz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25701BC7

New-and in need of HELP

Advertisement

Hi,

Im new to the Blackberry. I got my pearl yesterday, and i'm still trying to get to grips with it. I think i've pretty much gotten my head around PIN messaging but i've got a couple of problems i'm hoping a BB genius to help me with:
    • I am unable to receive anything via Bluetooth, but can send
    • I can not configure any of my other emails to deliver via instant email
    • i can not pair up my blackberry with my pc
    • i cant download any new themes-it says i need version 4.1, but i have 4.2-isnt that better?
    • I keep getting a message that saying something about a failure, and then it reboots itself. This has happen 4 times since yesterday (it's getting annoying!)
    That's all i can think of at the moment-i'll be FOREVER grateful for any help given, and any tips & tricks out there to help me conquer the beast that is the Blackberry Pearl

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hello, and welcome to the Stacks

When you say you can not configure emails, what is the problem?
    Do you have a setup internet email icon?

For themes the only themes that you can use with the Pearl are the Unlocked vendr themes, and the themes available at www.mobile.backberry.com (visit that URL with your BB browser).
    This is because Plazmic CDK is not yet compatible with 4.2

What is the exact message you are getting on the pearl before it reboots itself?

try a hard reset battery out wait 30 seconds then reinsert.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    Welcome to Pinstack, let us know about any other questions you might have.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    Any suggestions on my Bluetooth receiving problem?

(i'm gonna try and configure an email addy now to get the error message...)

SSM_Scotch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E29A5E
    Make sure you are turning your BT on, I know when you are sending files it will just turn it on, maybe prompt you to turn in it on. Really only use it to transfer files to a few friends of mine when I get ringtones and **** they like. When doing that it kept asking me to connect to his device then it would send the file instead of maintaining the connection and just send the file.

SSM_Scotch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E29A5E
    and in regards to your e-mail accounts you should have and internet e-mail setup icon, or you should be able to do it through the set up wizard. If you have to do POP/STMP, enter the wrong password (while doing setup on the BIS) and it will allow you to do the manual setup.

PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    i do have my bluetooth on, and have paired up with the device that i'm receiving things from. I get no prompts or notification that something is trying to be sent, and on the other phone, it attempts to connect to my blackberry and then says sending failed. I have tried sending things from various bluetooth mobile phones, but to no avail.

The error message i get when i try to configure my hotmail email address (hotmail.com) and my sidekick email address (@t-mobile-sidekick.co.uk) is 'we are unable to configure this email account. Are there restrictions as to what type of email addresses you can configure for instant email?