Hi, I need to create an emergency response list that is based on blackberry pins ... Networking with PinStackers forum

clydebb no está en línea Stack level 1

need to create a pin-to-pin distribution list

Advertisement

Hi,
    I need to create an emergency response list that is based on blackberry pins instead of email addresses, so in the event of a network failure that takes down our BES or Exchange server, any one of my technicians can communicate the emergency with all the other blackberry users in their group through a single blackberry message, instead of having to add or address each technician individually. I would prefer to be able to update this list through Exchange or through the BES and have it sych with each blackberry device, but if i cant, at very least being able to create the list on the blackberry would be a big help.

Would anyone know how to get this done. There has to be a way.

thanks
    clydebb

chaulong no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: need to create a pin-to-pin distribution list

I am researching the same thing. My boss asks me to evaluate METAmessage from OnsetTechnology.com. This product does exactly that plus more but seems expensive. There's got to be a feature available from RIM or phone service provider that does something like that. Would like to hear some feedback on this subject.

Thank you.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

So pretty much something like a broadcast message, correct?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

And actually, I am new to the BES side of things, but

I always assumed that if the BES server went down, then the sending of PIN messages would be crippled? I guess I am ignorant when it comes to BES...Is that not the case?

Rick Jordan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by clydebb View Post
    Hi,
    I need to create an emergency response list that is based on blackberry pins instead of email addresses, so in the event of a network failure that takes down our BES or Exchange server, any one of my technicians can communicate the emergency with all the other blackberry users in their group through a single blackberry message, instead of having to add or address each technician individually. I would prefer to be able to update this list through Exchange or through the BES and have it sych with each blackberry device, but if i cant, at very least being able to create the list on the blackberry would be a big help.

Would anyone know how to get this done. There has to be a way.

thanks
    clydebb
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']PINpoint [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]®[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']is a corporate application that lets you manage your BlackBerry Devices and Communicate in emergency situations. You can Map WHO should receive WHAT content and define WHEN the lists are “refreshed” and “pushed out”. [/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']PINpoint [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]®[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] keeping people connected in the most needed times ~ in case of a power failures, emergency or crisis situations ~ even when the BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server(s) is down ![/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']More importantly, PINpoint [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]®[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] is an ideal communications enabler for Disaster Recovery” situations ~ Connect with anyone in your organization with just two clicks – getting critical messages to each pre-defined group or groups of recipients.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    Tenet Computer Group Inc.
    Mobile Division
    BlackBerry ISv Alliance Partner
    416.665.3068 x 203[/FONT]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']PINpoint [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]®[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']is a corporate application that lets you manage your BlackBerry Devices and Communicate in emergency situations. You can Map WHO should receive WHAT content and define WHEN the lists are “refreshed” and “pushed out”. [/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']PINpoint [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]®[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] keeping people connected in the most needed times ~ in case of a power failures, emergency or crisis situations ~ even when the BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server(s) is down ![/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']More importantly, PINpoint [/FONT][FONT=Calibri]®[/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] is an ideal communications enabler for Disaster Recovery” situations ~ Connect with anyone in your organization with just two clicks – getting critical messages to each pre-defined group or groups of recipients.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Tenet Computer Group Inc.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]Mobility Division[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]BlackBerry ISv Alliance Partner[/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri]416.665.3068 x 203[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by chaulong View Post
    I am researching the same thing. My boss asks me to evaluate METAmessage from OnsetTechnology.com. This product does exactly that plus more but seems expensive. There's got to be a feature available from RIM or phone service provider that does something like that. Would like to hear some feedback on this subject.

Thank you.
    Hi sorry for the cut and paste above...
    We do have a solution for you:

PINpoint - a corporate application that lets you manage your BlackBerry devices and COMMUNICATE in emergency situations. Map WHO should receive WHAT content and define WHEN the lists are pushed.

PINpoint - Keeping people connected in the most needed times - in case of power failures, emergency or crisis situations - EVEN if the BES is down !

Mobility Division
    BlackBerry ISv Alliance Parnter
    416.665.3068 x 203

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    And actually, I am new to the BES side of things, but

I always assumed that if the BES server went down, then the sending of PIN messages would be crippled? I guess I am ignorant when it comes to BES...Is that not the case?
    PINpoint - a corporate application that lets you manage your BlackBerry devices and COMMUNICATE in emergency situations. Map WHO should receive WHAT content and define WHEN the lists are pushed.

PINpoint - Keeping people connected in the most needed times - in case of power failures, emergency or crisis situations - EVEN if the BES is down !

Mobility Division
    BlackBerry ISv Alliance Parnter
    416.665.3068 x 203