I use my pearl for just about everything, including as a baseball! i have read ... Networking with PinStackers forum

techinks no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e72b5d

my pearl likes to restart itself!

Advertisement

I use my pearl for just about everything, including as a baseball! i have read through previous posts briefly to see a few unlucky souls suffering from a common problem. cruing through a download, with no fore warning, the pearl will just reboot itself for no known reason. i have not seen any solutions and have not been able to remedy this situation myself. the genius at the call center who thinks i should be downloading at 250 kb/s no problem, was no help at all. you can only reset the service books so many times people! if anyone has any great ideas please let me know!

mporrov no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: my pearl likes to restart itself!

Hey techinks,

The best thing you can do for this (which is something they should have asked you to do when you called tech support) is to connect your pearl to your computer and run app loader on it. This will ensure that all the software on your pearl is in good working order. If this still does not solve your problem perform a backup pr you information using back/restore from BB desktop manager and then run app loader again. This time do not click on "backup device before installing software" or something like that so that it will erase the system software and re-write it. Once it does this click on backup/restore and choose the restore option to put all your contacs etc back on your bb pearl. Hope this helps! cause if it doesn't they will need to replace it!

Mo