My wife and I made the jump from 'regular' phones to the blackberry pearls. Very ... Networking with PinStackers forum

ericjmess no está en línea Stack level 2

my hello

Advertisement

My wife and I made the jump from 'regular' phones to the blackberry pearls. Very happy with our decision so far. Anyway, I have been lurking around the forums for a couple weeks now soaking in the information to help us make our decision. Thanks for all the useful posts, I hope down the road I can make some helpful contributions as well.

my thought of the day: I would love to see some streaming video application or support for the pearl. We were between the Samsung Blackjack and the Blackberry Pearl. The main draw of the samsung was the blackjack had streaming video, so we could use sites like orbdotcom to watch our PVR during the commute. Luckily microSD cards are so cheap right now that loading them onto the cards is easy enough.

-- Eric

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: my hello

Hello Eric. I don't think it'll be too long before we have the ability to watch streaming video on our Blackberrys. I don't have any precise information, just my gut.

pearldan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204d50f0

I just bought my first blackberry Pearl and I love it! Best Phone I have ever bought! Have the sd card too! Fantastic and easy!

ericjmess no está en línea Stack level 2

yea, i thought the typing on the Pearl would be difficult - but once you can reprogram your brain to not think of texting on a phone and type like on a keyboard, the layout is actually pretty easy.

My thought about why we may NOT have the ability to do streaming video... To be able to use streaming vido, on the blackjack for example, you have to use the $40/month data plan. You can get a blackberry unlmtd data plan (personal) for $30/month. I thought it may be cheaper because they knew you wouldn't be streaming video. I'm hoping if RIM doesn't come out with it then a 3rd party developer might. I saw the link on here to Movidity - hopefully that is an option that works.

-- Eric

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

Welcome to the stacks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ericjmess, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles