well i had a nice unlocked 8320...... now i have a paperweight......sat my phone on ... Networking with PinStackers forum

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46

my berry went swimming in my toilet

Advertisement

well i had a nice unlocked 8320......
    now i have a paperweight......sat my phone on the back of my toilet this morning, was brushing my teeth, phone was on vibrate, mom called phone, i reached for phone and instead of grabbing it i knocked it right in the blue bowl.......

anyone who was on my messenger list can re-add themselves if they want, my temporary pin is 201e1545
    the funny thing is the little water sticker is still white......
    anyone who has a hook up at tmobile and wants to try and get a refurbished phone let me know
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Were you able to get it out quickly? Did you immediately take the battery out of it? Have you immersed in a bag of rice to aid in drying it out? Could still be salvageable.

PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    yes yes and yes hoping maybe it will live but not too hopeful it was ful of water pretty quickly
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Poor Berry :cry:........keep us posted on the revival efforts.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    what about taking it apart before putting it in the bag of rice ?? Would that help revive or kill it?

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Were you able to get it out quickly? Did you immediately take the battery out of it? Have you immersed in a bag of rice to aid in drying it out? Could still be salvageable.
    I've been able to save my mom's Samsung Flip-shot, and my sisters KRAZR via that method.

Quote Originally Posted by darryl71
    what about taking it apart before putting it in the bag of rice ?? Would that help revive or kill it?
    Depending on how stable your hands are; You could remove the faceplate and all - submerge the circuit board itself - But you do risk pushing the water further into the device this way.. Normally even with the phone in 1 piece (minus the battery of course) the rice is capable of absorbing all the moisture.

gqswagga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218879E8
    Never heard of the rice deal umm I need to let my friend know he just got his curve wet.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Very interesting and good luck I hope the berry survives

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    Its Alive, It Seems Fine Just Wipe And Reloaded It!!!! Everything Seems To Be Working Fine

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow! Congrats on the successful resuscitation!

happy1240 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BD62DA
    See your bb never lets you down! Congrats!

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Mmmm ... Rice ... Good for food and bbs

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mayve no está en línea Stack level 1
    Actually, these things are pretty durable. My BBs survived a good douse of beer (7510) and a tub of water (8700g). LOL. Our CEOs old 6510 managed to go surfing and come away with only a sticky ALT key.
    Crazy Cajun.... you can relate.... It's a strange feeling watching your BlackBerry go "glub glub glub" as it sinks in the water, isn't it? It was even more horrifying watching the screen go black. Beer left a few sticky keys that eventually cleared up once completely dry and the water marks behind the screen on my 8700g went away after a few weeks but still worked like a charm.