Hello Everybody, I have a BlackBerry 9000 Bold. I tried to install a new software ... Networking with PinStackers forum

billquarshie no está en línea Stack level 1

Question My BB went Dead.

Advertisement

Hello Everybody,

I have a BlackBerry 9000 Bold. I tried to install a new software with the desktop Software and then the next morning the BB went dead. I thought it was the battery so I got another one but it did not work.

I got an IT friend who advised me to re-install the software but when I tried and it gets to JV... the loading or installation stops. The BB becomes hot and the battery finally goes dead as well. Sometimes I get a message that the USB devise is not recognize.

I will appreciate any help to revive my BB and hope I get lucky from this forum. I will appreciate any advise via e-mail (billquarshie@gmail.com) as well.

Thanks.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I think we can get you back up and running.

Reinstalling the software is good advice, however, you will need to wipe the OS from your device as well as uninstalling the Desktop Manager software from your PC.

You'll want to download a neat little utility app called BBSAK, which will give you options to wipe your OS and even back up third party apps from your device.

Start there and then we'll check back in!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Very good advise if the device is not recognized you can try the load without the battery trick, we can get into that if necessary

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Thanks everybody. I have downloaded the BBSAK onto my PC. But my battery is dead now and it's 2am my time. I need to wait to get somebody's phone to charge my BB battery. PapaMag, if there is anyway I can load any of these software to reboot the phone without the battery please tell me. Hope to hear from you soon.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Load the most current DeskTop Manager on your PC then plug your device in. More than likely you will get a message saying the device is not found. With your Bold plugged in via USB carefully remove the battery and try and install your OS. If you haven't wiped it yet I would suggest that you do. If you download starts go all the way through until your device is rebooting then insert your battery right before the end. I have done this a number of times, but not with the 9000. Let us know and we'll keep at it til we get you back up and running

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

BlackBerry is Down completely

Dear PapaMag and RogerG,

Thanks so much for your advise.

I have tried everything but now my PC would not recognize my BB at all when I connect with the USB cord. Sometimes if I remove the battery and put it back again, the red lights keeps blinking for some few seconds and then it stops.

I also hear some sound or should I say noise like and inset when I connect it to the PC via the USB cable.

The BB also becomes very hot until I disengage the battery.

Should I assume my BB is gone forever or there is still hope for me?