Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Good luck! I pm'd you just now to give you my PIN.... Networking with PinStackers forum

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Re: Medical folks using BB...the doctor is IN!

Advertisement

Good luck! I pm'd you just now to give you my PIN.
    8900-user
    DocGo

jbkrast no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    246D5BD7

it would constantly be updating and not allowing me to use the device (rotating sand clock icon)... also yes, my call logs get erased all the time too.. help!!

PIN/ID
    PM me

jbkrast...that is why I uninstalled ePocrates in my BB. Maybe you need to uninstall it or remove other apps in your BB to make more room for ePocrates if you want to keep it.
    8900-user
    DocGo

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

I had ePocrates , which is a great program, but had to uninstall it as well. The updates kept eating up way too much memory. I would still like a good pharmacopia that I could update manually, which one was it that you had Doc? Does anyone know of any free ones?
    If you want to keep it try slimming down your OS by getting rid of some of the language COD's. check out this link, you can free up a lot of memory.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...the_pearl.html
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK

SoCal EMT here.... I love ePocrates RX, I am not certified to use most of the drugs, but its still cool to browse through them...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

PIN/ID
    PM me

As of now, there are no free pharmacopeia except for epocrates. LexiDrugs is slim because it always try to get the information thru their servers...but it is fast and easy to use. You just need to be in a place with data/phone signal to use. Pepid utilizes the memory card to store the database. A bit more cumbersome to use but still good. Both are not free...
    8900-user
    DocGo

spraissman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi...I am a pharmacist by training and a pharm. manufacturing and regulatory affairs consultant by profession. I have been a long time user of the Palm products...just started using a BB. Installed epocrates on the BB and am looking for other useful products.
    Steve

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Unfortunately, like many others, I had to uninstall epocrates because of the memory issue. My Blackberrys became slower and slower. Too bad because it's a nice little (well, not so little) program.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

Hi tgeekb....in what particular applications would you see the slow down? I am new to the BB world so I have no "speed" reference.

Steve

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm a psychologist and use Epocrates for a drug reference. It updates daily and is free. It just came out for Blackberry. Very useful. Skyscape is also good and has ICD 9 codes and the like.

PIN/ID
    PM me
    I think your BB starts to slow down if the main memory gets low. I have switched back to my BB Pearl (8100) because of some issues with my BB Curve. The 8100 actually has more user memory than the 8300 series, so I reinstalled ePocrates today and will see how it goes. So far, I have between 14-18MB left in my main memory so we shall see. When I was using the 8320 with all the apps that I have now installed in my 8100, I only have beween 8-9MB memory free.
    8900-user
    DocGo

DocGo....would that be the file free bytes/10000 in the options/status screen? mine current says 674143.

Steve

PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Quote Originally Posted by spraissman View Post
    Hi tgeekb....in what particular applications would you see the slow down? I am new to the BB world so I have no "speed" reference.

Steve
    Hey Steve, it slowed by BB down all around. After a while, I would get the hourglass when I tried to do anything. I deleted epocrates and the problem was gone.

PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo View Post
    I think your BB starts to slow down if the main memory gets low. I have switched back to my BB Pearl (8100) because of some issues with my BB Curve. The 8100 actually has more user memory than the 8300 series, so I reinstalled ePocrates today and will see how it goes. So far, I have between 14-18MB left in my main memory so we shall see. When I was using the 8320 with all the apps that I have now installed in my 8100, I only have beween 8-9MB memory free.
    Interesting that you went back to the Pearl. I have an 8800 also but always seem to migrate back to my trusty 8100. Rumor has it AT&T may have it's update out as soon as tomorrow, the 8110 or 8120.

PIN/ID
    PM me
    Quote Originally Posted by spraissman View Post
    DocGo....would that be the file free bytes/10000 in the options/status screen? mine current says 674143.

Steve
    Gasp! You have less than 1MB left? Maybe you are missing one digit?
    8900-user
    DocGo

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast