Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you like or own a mazda rx-8, pin me! I would love to find ... Networking with PinStackers forum

berryjam no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2408ae8c

mazda rx-8?

Advertisement

If you like or own a mazda rx-8, pin me! I would love to find fellow stackers with same car interest...

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.

Re: mazda rx-8?

right here! its al about the rotary engine

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Yeah, but you thought that my honda had a rotary engine! LOL

tj2311111 Guest

Gotta love a rotary engine but the RX8 needed to come turboed like the RX-7 (RX8 too underpowered IMO). Either way the repair/maintenance costs on those rotary engines are killer.

Anyway have fun with the RX8, pretty fun cars.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 01-14-2008 at 11:14 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask.

Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    Yeah, but you thought that my honda had a rotary engine! LOL
    aha what ?

PIN/ID
    ask.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    Gotta love a rotary engine but the RX8 needed to come turboed like the RX-7 (RX8 too underpowered). Either way the repair/maintenance costs on those rotary engines are killer.

Anyway have fun with the RX8, pretty fun cars.
    still impressive for a 1.3l, stick a turbo in an 8 and we'd fly with rx7..rx 8 do 0-60 better than rx 7

tj2311111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ballr View Post
    still impressive for a 1.3l, stick a turbo in an 8 and we'd fly with rx7..rx 8 do 0-60 better than rx 7

A stock RX8 doesn't do better than a RX-7 0-60mph. RX8 is like in the 6.4 seconds and an RX7 is in the 5.5s range. Not to mention in the quarter mile the RX7 would eat a RX8. A RX7 does it low 14.0s while the RX8 does low 15.0s...Plus RX7's are easier to mod since their turbocharged, just not reliable. lol.

With a turbo in a RX8 it would be closer depending on size of turbo and supporting parts. How close I don't know probably close to the stock numbers of the RX7 or slightly better, depending on parts. But the RX7 is on another level.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 01-14-2008 at 11:41 PM.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

aha what ?
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...usiasts-3.html
    -------
    LOL. That is the way it looked to me anyway.....LOL no biggie just give you some shiot!!
    Last edited by cfrench; 01-14-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Automerged.

PIN/ID
    ask.

there are different versions of rx7 some that rx8 would take in a 0-60 i suppose a little turbo lag in the 7 thats causeing this. turbo vs non turbo of course rx 7 gonna win i a 1/4 mile. 6.4 ? rx8 does 5.5-6.0 on 0-60. more reliabilaty,9k redline, and softer in cornors is why they made rx8.

PIN/ID
    ask.

-------
    LOL. That is the way it looked to me anyway.....LOL no biggie just give you some shiot!!
    i implyed it but thats not what i ment. it was a single post to that thread not a quote

tj2311111 Guest

there are different versions of rx7 some that rx8 would take in a 0-60 i suppose a little turbo lag in the 7 thats causeing this. turbo vs non turbo of course rx 7 gonna win i a 1/4 mile. 6.4 ? rx8 does 5.5-6.0 on 0-60. more reliabilaty,9k redline, and softer in cornors is why they made rx8.
    The only one an RX8 would take is probably a N/A RX7, as twin turbo doesn't have much lag at all. Turbo cars aren't always faster than N/A cars but in this case yeah. But thats why I said they need a turbo in the RX8, since its the successor to the RX7 it should be better especially powerwise. Reliability is better true but it is still a rotary which is going to have problems and is expensive to repair, 9k redline is good but wouldn't it be nice to have more power to take advantage of that, better handling true but I'm curious what lap times would be between a RX7 and RX8. Didn't know RX8's accelerated 0-60 mph in the mid 5s I thought they were low 6s, guess not. All I'm saying is they need to build a new turbo rotary and hopefully make it reliable.

Not knocking the RX8 at all. Just wish it had more (built upon the RX7). Anyway like I said enjoy your RX8's there definetly fun cars.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Let's burn some rubbers...

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2

-------

Nice cars. Love the Honda. Your car looks amazing!!

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2

Anyone on here owns a Chrysler 300. I have the 300 SRT design

PIN/ID
    ask.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    The only one an RX8 would take is probably a N/A RX7, as twin turbo doesn't have much lag at all. Turbo cars aren't always faster than N/A cars but in this case yeah. But thats why I said they need a turbo in the RX8, since its the successor to the RX7 it should be better especially powerwise. Reliability is better true but it is still a rotary which is going to have problems and is expensive to repair, 9k redline is good but wouldn't it be nice to have more power to take advantage of that, better handling true but I'm curious what lap times would be between a RX7 and RX8. Didn't know RX8's accelerated 0-60 mph in the mid 5s I thought they were low 6s, guess not. All I'm saying is they need to build a new turbo rotary and hopefully make it reliable.

Not knocking the RX8 at all. Just wish it had more (built upon the RX7). Anyway like I said enjoy your RX8's there definetly fun cars.
    true true =D,i guess they were onto how to make a sucessor to a rx7 fast but more reliable with a little 9k rpm kick =D. i heard they have a mazdaspeed rx 8 that has a turbo on it but never seen them out for sale. definately would have picked one up in a heart beat lol!
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    Anyone on here owns a Chrysler 300. I have the 300 SRT design
    this is a rx 8 form lol! i dont really care much of the 300c i rather take the charger
    Last edited by ballr; 01-15-2008 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast