Ok, I am not a spammer. It's just more and more people and getting BB ... Networking with PinStackers forum

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

Mass Pin Messaging

Advertisement

Ok, I am not a spammer.
    It's just more and more people and getting BB in the UK.
    I work for a Sports Club, who traditionally have always done stuff with SMS for Fans, team news, results etc., seeing as the cost of sending and recieving PIN message is so small in comparison and you can send more text, links etc, I just wondered if anyone who offered a PIN message update service, if so a link by PM would be great, or any ideas how I would go about setting one up- ie the mechanics of how such a mailing system would work.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

Re: Mass Pin Messaging

I'd be curious about this too - in the even of a workplace emergency and if I had to send information to 200 people who have a Blackberry, this would be a good tool to use.

PIN/ID
    2521F913

Easy if you have BES(!)

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

Well, with our organization we have people who are outside our BES environment so something like this would be helpful.

Here's what I've been able to find:
    1) A website that allows to send PIN messages to BB's.
    2) A company that sells software that will allow mass PIN distribution.

Surely there has to be some way that you can send to a PIN without having a Blackberry...

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

I've never tried it but couln't you do that by adding everyone to a group and pin them all at once? Like I said, I was wondering if that could be a way to do that. Just a thought.

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ
    I've never tried it but couln't you do that by adding everyone to a group and pin them all at once? Like I said, I was wondering if that could be a way to do that. Just a thought.
    The only thing is everyone would have to accept the group chat to send it out to all of them.

kelhosseiny no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2415c7cf

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think the problem with this is that if there was a way, spammers would already have taken it over. And RIM has tried really hard to provide security to all BB users, including spam protection. And using BIS to mass pin would be considered spam. Right? I think the only solution is having a massive group chat always open and anybody who wants to join can

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873
    Quote Originally Posted by kelhosseiny
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think the problem with this is that if there was a way, spammers would already have taken it over. And RIM has tried really hard to provide security to all BB users, including spam protection. And using BIS to mass pin would be considered spam. Right? I think the only solution is having a massive group chat always open and anybody who wants to join can
    The only problem with this is the bigger a group chat gets the slower it will make th BB go

PIN/ID
    2521F913

I am thinking about using our Web site so people can subscribe their PIN to a service, then we have some breaking team news etc, we can send it out to all our "contacts" / subscribers whatever as a message, not held back by the 156?? ish characters of a text messsage, plus the originating pin would be the name of our Organisation, its just how to do it, without actually doing it through a bb (as in typing it on a physical unit and having all the PINS on it)