I remember seeing a thread before on Managing Blackberry PINs, but I don't think I ... Networking with PinStackers forum

circlingsky no está en línea Stack level 1

Managing PINs

Advertisement

I remember seeing a thread before on Managing Blackberry PINs, but I don't think I ever saw a solution...

My organization has over 100 Blackberries using a BES/Exchange for email. I'm looking for a solution/application to manage/distribute/automatically update PINs for the Blackberry users.

Also, I have found one software vendor that claims to be able to do this... the company is Itrezzo, so my next question is - any one familar with their capabilities?

Thanks in advance...

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Re: Managing PINs

Are you trying to push everyones pin to each BB address book from your BES?

circlingsky no está en línea Stack level 1

Sort of... essentially, what I would like to happen - is when a user's PIN changes that it is synced with the other blackberry users without their intervention.

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Hmm Well this is sorta possible. Heres the deal. If you are using BES 4.0 or higher, and are on exchange 2003 sp1 or higher, when a users PIN changes, it will automatically replicate to your global address book. Now, if a user has say "john smith" in their local address book, this will not replicate over, as its not linked to the GAB. Its only local. As far as I know, theres no way to have a live synch with your local address book just yet.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

My company has it set up to where my BB's address book syncs with my local address book from outlook. So when I make changes on my BB it syncs on my server, and vice versa, when I make changes in outlook it syncs with my BB's address book. If I want to lookup a global contact I must go into my BB's address book and do a lookup for the global contact. But my BES admin does not have access to my local address book on the server, so they cannot go into each person's local address book and sync, but they can, as Bryan explained, go into your global address book and sync it to your BB, but like in my case the BB users may have to do a lookup.