Hey all, I did an upgrade and lost all my BBM friends. Please re-add me, ... Networking with PinStackers forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Lost My Messenger Friends

Advertisement

Hey all, I did an upgrade and lost all my BBM friends. Please re-add me, and if I wasn't on your list, feel free also. 20F536B6. Thanks my Stacker friends.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Don't you hate that?!!!!! I've had that happen and it sends me into a major tail-spin! Azstar reminded me recently that, if you've got a backup, you can restore your contacts using advanced restore. You might look into that.

The other thing that happens to me EVERY TIME I upgrade is all my profile settings get reset to vibrate/mute - THAT gets my goat too! I'll try to restore that next time it happens. It ought to be an adventure - I HATE those kind of adventures!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    nada
    Me too JB. I was in such a hurry I guess I overlooked that when I did my backup-oops. Anyway, I have new folks that I didn't have before so that's the upside. I will def remember to go advanced next time-I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Me too JB. I was in such a hurry I guess I overlooked that when I did my backup-oops. Anyway, I have new folks that I didn't have before so that's the upside. I will def remember to go advanced next time-I hope.
    ...but what I'm saying is, IF you backed up (even as you did the OS upgrade) you should be able to get the contacts back by doing an advanced restore. If you backed up those contacts should be backed up too.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    just to add to what jb said, if you have new contacts as you said...be sure to write those pin numbers down before you do your advanced restore because you will lose those when you do the restore.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    just to add to what jb said, if you have new contacts as you said...be sure to write those pin numbers down before you do your advanced restore because you will lose those when you do the restore.
    Yep, good point Cat. The advanced restore is a replacement so anything you've done since the upgrade will be overlaid, i.e. deleted.

PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks gentlemen
    ​Galaxy S4 Red