I am struggling to figure out the threads and the language that is used. I ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Breezer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300AFF8E

Lost in BlackBerry land

Advertisement

I am struggling to figure out the threads and the language that is used. I know some of the terminology but I'm lost when I see things like BES and OTA and Desktop Manager. Saving ringtones and themes is something I would like to do but even though I have looked at threads that are already posted with the steps I'm not sure that I can do it with my BB as I don't know if I have what I need to do any of it!!!!!!! A little frustrated but not defeated. I would just like to learn. Is there an easy answer to learning what I can do? I like R&B some Rap and Hip Hop and I would LOVE a picture of a 2006 Eclipse, preferably the Sunset Orange colour.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: Lost in BlackBerry land

Hi breezer don't be frustrated, we've all been there for sure First, try this link, lots of guides and how to's: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/BlackBerryFAQ.html

Any question you have, just post them in the forums, and someone will be happy to help you out.

BES refers to Business Enterprise which is corporate accounts
    OTA is over the air, which means you can use your berry's browser to visit the linked site and download it directly onto your blackberry, no muss no fuss.
    the Desktop Manager is a piece of software you install on your home computer that allows you to update your blackberry using the USB connection with things you've downloaded onto your computer for your blackberry.

You do need the desktop manager it allows you to backup your berry (which i recommend doing at least once a month) and restore it should anything happen to your data (just in case).

You can get the latest version of Desktop Manager (4.2) here: http://www.blackberry.com/products/s...op/index.shtml

just download and run it from your home pc or laptop. if you have a mac, there's also a version available for download on that same download page. The link is at the very very bottom.

Anything else, just post it, and we'll reply ASAP

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Breezer, we've all been there, trust me. For a start, you may also want to take a look at "Understanding Pinstack". Just press the link in my signature. That will give you a ton of useful information about BB and the Stacks. And never hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Thanks Larry, I really need to fix my sig to show some of this stuff since i keep forgetting links like that.
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Breezer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    300AFF8E

Thank you both I will definately do all of the above. I am determined to enjoy my BB to the fullest and with all the help I find here it won't be long before I get what I want. Thanx again.