Hey guys I know we have been trying to find small business owners but if ... Networking with PinStackers forum

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Looking for self employed Stackers

Advertisement

Hey guys I know we have been trying to find small business owners but if you are a self employed worker we would like to chat with you as well. We are trying to network and just help with any issues that you might experience as a self employed person or a small business owner.

Please leave your pin and tell us what you do for a living.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Tia,

I have a couple of businesses I am currently working on, one being the avatar you see and the link below as well as a current venture, starting up referral groups here in North Carolina and across the country called Gold Star Referral Clubs.

What it is you are trying to accomplish here?

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Thanks RoGro both Dtoles and I have been chatting on bb messenger just looking for different ideas and stuff. He asked questions about advertising and how I got clients to use my business. I was hoping that we could just provide insight and help each other with resources and ideas is all.

Well, depending on your business and your budget, have you considered referral groups? They've been around forever and it's like having your own 20-30 member marketing staff! It's a group of business people who get together to exchange business with each other and with everyone they know.

Local Chambers of Commerce sometimes have these groups and I belong to one here in the Greensboro, NC area, but I've found that these groups aren't quite as structured and/or professional as some of the larger players like BNI, LeTip and now Gold Star. The old adage it seems is that you get what you pay for. Chamber sponsored groups are relatively inexpensive to join, compared to BNI et al. I belonged to a BNI group in CA before I moved out here last year and was looking to join another group here before I heard about Gold Star. They are a little less expensive (about 370/year), a lot more fun and a lot less political. For most people, all it takes is one referral from another member of the group and the membership pays for itself!

Let me know your thoughts on this and what types of businesses you guys have.

Roger

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hi. I work with my family. We have a small business in cattle farming along with different other investments. Does that help you in anyway?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tia,

Did you get a chance to read any of the info we spoke about last week?

Let's keep this thread going!

Roger

officer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244a6afa
    I am self-employed in the music industry as a tour/production manager and tech at times. I stay pretty busy (9 months a year worldwide) and we (band and crew) all use blackberry to communicate on the road.
    Buck!!!
    Always somewhere else

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Hi everyone self employed print broker with online marketing expertise but heading back to school in fall to take advantage of mobile media up swing in industry now blackberry focus of course and some pda networking~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It's cool that 4 out of the 5 of us are using 8310s!

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    President and CEO(Founder) of an IT consulting firm specializing in BlackBerry Forensics, Software Development and BES Administration. We are a BlackBerry Alliance Partner and have been in this industry since I graduated from college. If you want any additional info post back

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Wow I must have been sleeping I didn't know I had some post on this. I am glad we are all here and I will add each of you to my pin list if it's that's okay with you? I have so ideas and need some opinions on stuff.

Please ad me as well I am sure we can keep this going even if your a hairdresser or a dog groomer.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Any stackers who posted in this thread pls add me to bb messenger list kwest that a interesting firm you got there well best luck to alln let network ok via 8310 crimson with one glowing green eyed cyclops ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dtole no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by officer View Post
    I am self-employed in the music industry as a tour/production manager and tech at times. I stay pretty busy (9 months a year worldwide) and we (band and crew) all use blackberry to communicate on the road.
    Hey, sounds like we need to talk...

I'm a Artist/Musician....I am also an Independent BB Tech. I also run a musician placement company.

Get at me...we should chat...
    D-Tole

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Hey guys it was great to chat with some of you last night for a minute kind of like an ice breaker I think. I would love to do a conference with you all and kind of do a brainstorm. So hit me up when you can and we can take some time to pick each other's minds.