Hello all. I am currently in college and a declared Criminal Justice major. I am ... Networking with PinStackers forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Question Law Enforcement in NJ

Advertisement

Hello all. I am currently in college and a declared Criminal Justice major. I am very interested in becoming part of the New Jersey State Police or the Dept of Homeland Security.

I would like to keep my options at the state or federal level.

I am currently in contact with a NJSP recruiter, but was wondering if there were any Stackers who were/are apart of any of these outfits.

Any suggestions, your thoughts on the application process and training, anything at all would be great.

Thanks.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Hello all. I am currently in college and a declared Criminal Justice major. I am very interested in becoming part of the New Jersey State Police or the Dept of Homeland Security.

I would like to keep my options at the state or federal level.

I am currently in contact with a NJSP recruiter, but was wondering if there were any Stackers who were/are apart of any of these outfits.

Any suggestions, your thoughts on the application process and training, anything at all would be great.

Thanks.
    As a federal employee I can tell you that your benefits and retirement will probably be better at state and county levels.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by europamo View Post
    As a federal employee I can tell you that your benefits and retirement will probably be better at state and county levels.
    thats a very good tip...thanks
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Gunjinn no está en línea Stack level 2
    Of course that would depend on how far up the ranks you go. There are a few benny's that Feds get that locals don't.
    You can never have too much gas, unless you are on fire.

europamo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A51117
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunjinn View Post
    Of course that would depend on how far up the ranks you go. There are a few benny's that Feds get that locals don't.

like what? I know more people workign for states and counties that have way better coverage, especially when it comes to medical.

lucky13mt

My cousin works used to work as a CO in Burlington County. He went over to the Fed system and says while he has growth potential to go out of state, he much prefers the benefits he had with the county.

Not sure if you want to go ut of state either, but say you lived in south jersey you could try delaware/penn and even maryland since they are closest. I met a Prince Georges County(MD) Officer who drives in from Delaware for work.

hit me up on PIN. My wife has a MS in CJ.