Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is anybody else disappointed at the lack of posting on the main page since the ... Networking with PinStackers forum

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional

Lack of "News" postings

Advertisement

Is anybody else disappointed at the lack of posting on the main page since the switch in management? I mean, seriously, its been a month since anything worth posting has been seen. What about the 3mhz processor that's been posted on phandroid? Or, what about the Galaxy Tab that is everywhere on the net except here?

If this stuff I on the forums, I apologize for the accusation. But this is the kind of stuff that should be on the front page. Or anything worth looking at really. Its been almost a month with no updates.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 09-19-2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Edited title
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I have noticed it as well in passing, although I generally go straight to the forums.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    We are actually looking for people who might have some extra time to post such front page news, gets. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks Roger, can I post it from my mobile? If I can do that I'll most likely get with you on that. Can I let others know if they want to post also?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hey Rog, I´m butting in.
    Posting ?
    The "News" - "Unlock codes confirm Samsung Vibrant works on ATT 3G" has been sitting on the front page for the last 4 weeks or more...geez !
    PINSTACK (we all) is dormant...!

I'm not exactly sure how to take that post. Are you agreeing with me or are you arguing that its been like that because people don't have anything to post?

Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    I'm not exactly sure how to take that post. Are you agreeing with me or are you arguing that its been like that because people don't have anything to post?
    There's plenty of Smartphone news to post. I think there's just some confusion that might be rooted in the ownership change here and what expectations are. Although only an amateur, I'm taking the hint and will start posting again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    There's plenty of Smartphone news to post. I think there's just some confusion that might be rooted in the ownership change here and what expectations are. Although only an amateur, I'm taking the hint and will start posting again!

LOL, thanks Mark. I was hoping that I could get some of yalls fires going again. I miss the new news on the front page every week.

I still need to know if I can do this from my phone. Is it just like what I'm doing now, or is there more detail that has to be put into it?

I still need to know if I can do this from my phone. Is it just like what I'm doing now, or is there more detail that has to be put into it?
    I would PM Roger, as he requested, and discuss all the details with him. BTW, thanks for the kick-in-the-pants to get us going again on the artcles - you are a true Stacker!!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Thanks guys for all the input. We definitely could use the help in posting current news. Appreciate your posts/comments.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I completely agree. I am quite dissapointed too. For me the "pinstack" interest started purely due to the main page. Infact, for many many months, I only read the front page. It simply struck me as an amazing place for anything and everything blackberry. Then it branched into anything and everything "smartphone" which was even better, IMO, since I am obsessed with mobile technology and smartphones.

It's been quite a while since anything interesting has been posted. To be fair though, not much has been really happening. Yea droid x, droid 2, blackberry torch, ...but nothing ground breaking, again IMO.

Anyway, hoping that it's because 1.) nothing big is happening, and 2.) because people are busy.

I check 'pinstack.com' 2-3 times a day (without even thinking about it) just to see if something new has popped up. Just the other day it occurred to me that the last thing was almost from a month ago.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Something that concerns me is the crackdown on the web in general for unathorized use of copyrighted materials, e.g. pictures and articles. A person must be very careful these days in posting articles and photos.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    N/A
    For websites like this one, it falls under "fair use", so it's ok.
    (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use)

"Fair use is a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as for commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching or scholarship."

Of course, there *are* limits to this. I have seen people post images of screen shots and label them with "some screenshots I took", when infact, they have been taken by someone else. That's a no no

But still in that fact, all you need to do is the credit the source youre getting the info from. Thats where people get into trouble, they dont give credit to the people and they get pissed about it.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    But still in that fact, all you need to do is the credit the source youre getting the info from. Thats where people get into trouble, they dont give credit to the people and they get pissed about it.
    Exactly!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast