the name is brandon, known as coop to most. im a cheapskate when it comes ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

Just wanted to introduce myself

Advertisement

the name is brandon, known as coop to most. im a cheapskate when it comes to phones (as long as it makes calls, im happy) and i will be on the market for a new phone/plan in september. im current with nextel using the i275. it was a nice phone 2 years ago. now you gotta have urself a smartphone. so ive been looking around and decided to go with tmobile and get the pearl. so ive been reasearching the manufacturers site for the past few months and got to know all the basics of the pearl. i recently picked up a "smartphones & pdas" in an airport and realized there are alot of 3rd party applicatins for windows mobile phones. i figured there had to be something for blackberrys...which led me to a friend who recently purchased a curve and led me to this site.

so here i am learning all i can about the pearl. i just want to say in advance, to those of you that have posted helpful information, THANKS. because im pretty sure most of the questions i have will already be answered on this site.

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Just wanted to introduce myself

Hi, and welcome :-)

You sound alot like me in that I was constantly checking all the carrier's sites for phone plans and prices before I got my 8700g through T-mobile. You might actually be surprised once you get to a T-mobile store since they could give me a better price than the online prices, and at the stores you can get a 1 year contract instead of the usual 2 year contract. That also helped me decide to go with T-mo.

I don't have a Pearl, but I do use them for service and I haven't had a problem yet. Their customer service is outstanding too, and their plan prices are good. I'm sure you'd be happy with them!

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Hey Notorious, welcome.

Let us know if we can help once you get your new pearl.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

welcome. this place is chock full of good info.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

You will be SO happy with your new best friend. lol
    /~*brooke

Quote Originally Posted by xxchixorxx
    Hi, and welcome :-)

You sound alot like me in that I was constantly checking all the carrier's sites for phone plans and prices before I got my 8700g through T-mobile. You might actually be surprised once you get to a T-mobile store since they could give me a better price than the online prices, and at the stores you can get a 1 year contract instead of the usual 2 year contract. That also helped me decide to go with T-mo.

I don't have a Pearl, but I do use them for service and I haven't had a problem yet. Their customer service is outstanding too, and their plan prices are good. I'm sure you'd be happy with them!
    well, i actually found a site that gets me the pearl with tmobile (2 yr contract) for not only free, but with a $50 rebate. and it gives 20% off on accessories. so in the end i will get the pearl, a case, and bluetooth headset for free. the site compares all phones and carriers. check it out

letstalk.com

and now im finding out that tmobile is getting the curve in september...same month my contract with nextel is up. im gonna read up on both phones now, even though i think im gonna stick with the pearl due to its compact size.

xxchixorxx no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious170
    well, i actually found a site that gets me the pearl with tmobile (2 yr contract) for not only free, but with a $50 rebate. and it gives 20% off on accessories. so in the end i will get the pearl, a case, and bluetooth headset for free. the site compares all phones and carriers. check it out

letstalk.com
    Oh yeah, I've seen that place too! I'm still always checking around since my T-mo contract isn't up until next May and my US Cellular isn't up until April of next year. Gives them time to fight over my business

*~Sheila~*
    243A0D29