Hello everyone, I just received my BB Pearl 8130 from Verizon. I feel a bit ... Networking with PinStackers forum

PlaydaBass no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Just received BB Pearl 8130 through Verizon

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I just received my BB Pearl 8130 from Verizon. I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the many features. I'm hoping that I made the right decision. I just thought that I would introduce myself as the Meet the Community section suggested. I'm in New Haven, CT and looking forward to becoming a member of the BlackBerry Family.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack and BlackBerry, PlaydaBass!

You've come to the right place and you definitely made a great decision, although I'm partial to the Curve myself!

Take a look at this thread to learn your way around the Stacks and please feel free to ask any questions you might have regarding your device and its features! We're here to help!

Roger

Thanks for the welcome! I wrestled with getting the Curve. That's why I really hope that I made the right decision! Thanks also for the thread. It was very helpful!
    Last edited by azstar; 10-01-2008 at 04:53 PM.

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Your first step to a very insightful and rewarding way of life....
    Or to a obsessive and dark, scary future with a device that conquers your free will and removes your need for humankind.

Either way, welcome to the 'stacks my friend....
    Biggie Mack 25
    ....I can see my house from here.....

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    That was a BB joke by the way. I hope...
    Biggie Mack 25
    ....I can see my house from here.....

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Welcome to the Stacks!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaydaBass View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! I wrestled with getting the Curve. That's why I really hope that I made the right decision! Thanks also for the thread. It was very helpful!

Welcome to PinStack, glad you have you here. I have the 8130 and the 8330. They are both great devices. The Pearl has a nice small size and does pretty much everything the same as the Curve. To me the benefit of the Curve is the full keyboard, bigger screen, and most of all more memory(96mb on the 8330 curve but only 64 MB on the 8130 Pearl).

If you plan on downloading a large variety of applications and themes you may want to consider switching to the Curve if you can. If you like the small size of the Pearl then I definitely reccomend you download this free app called Soft Reset.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...=6&linkid=1115

It enables you to reboot your BB without pulling out the battery. When I used my pearl I just made a habit of doing a soft reset every 2-3 days, before I got in the shower in the morning or some other time you wouldn't be needing it for a few minutes. This reboot helps recover memory that was tied up by apps running in the background, and other things. It will help your Pearl run better and help you avoid some issues that can arise from low memory.

Hope I didn't overload you with info, just wanted to share a bit of my experiences with the devices...........

oh, btw, I grew up in West Haven, so hello from a former CT girl
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks again for the welcomes everyone! BiggieMack25, you are quite funny! AZStar, thanks for the soft reboot link. As a former computer programmer, I know all about having to reboot because of programs running in the background. Should've known the same concept would apply here. I may soon be a former CT guy, it's soooooooooo expensive to live here!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    We really needed another bass player around here!

Play, did you get a chance to fondle both devices before you made your choice? Might be worth a trip to the store to be sure you got the device you want before your 30 day "buyers remorse" period runs out.

Roger

rok8man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Its completely off the subject but I work in the IT dept and we still tell the users to do a reboot first and foremost for their IT related issues. Gotta love Windows products.

Congratulations on your blackberry. I had a pearl but I am migrating over to the Curve. I just couldnt deal with the smaller sized keyboard. You will have lots of fun with your pearl and this i is a great place for blackberry addicts.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Welcome to pinstack and the blackberry world. By choosing a blackberry you are already in the right track. If you need any assistance feel free to let us know. Here you will find plenty of answers and people who are willing to help. See you around. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    Welcome to pinstack
    Dont sweat the small stuff, hell dont sweat anything!