Hello all I have just got a Blackberry Pearl which impresses me no end. However, ... Networking with PinStackers forum

lesmac no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Issues with syncing to Outlook calendar

Advertisement

Hello all

I have just got a Blackberry Pearl which impresses me no end. However, I'm having problems syncing with Outlook Calendar. It works ok the first time, then for the second go it tries to erase a lot of the calendar entries within Outlook. It seems to want to keep the forward and recent entries. If I select re-sync it does it ok. I want to keep all Outlook entries sync'ed with the Blackberry. At the moment this is only a years worth, but will grow. The user guide says there is an option within the pearl to set the timeframe for keeping calendar entries which does not exist. However there is the same option within the PIM which I've set to keep all entries forever. OS is Win XP with Outlook 2001. Any help most appreciated.

Les

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Issues with syncing to Outlook calendar

What do you mean the second go? Are the entries in your blackberry conflicting with the ones in Outlook? Maybe your conflict resolution needs to be changed to Outlook wins?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

lesmac, welcome to PinStack.

Can't help with the Pearl. Did you look in the Config Settings of Intellisync for the prior event date limit?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I've set it to Outlook wins, and I meant by the second go the next time I sync. However I've just looked and in my calendar I only have entries going back to mid August whereas when I synced yesterday eve it went back over a year. All the help files refer to setting the options within the Pearl, but it does not exist.

Thanks for replying by the way.

Yes this has been set to keep forever. What seems to happen is originally it syncs everything ok. Then the Pearl ets rid of them Next time you try to sync it prompts with do you wish to delete 700 entries within Outlook. If you select re-sync it gets all of the original outlook etries back in to the Pearl.

klh92 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm sure this may be an easy question for most but I'm a new BB user. Just purchased a BB 8800 and absolutely love it. I'm comign from a 8125 windows device so I'm used to the active sync feature for mail, contacts and calendar. We do not have bes at our corproate network. Is there any other way to sync these things like activie sync does without bes? I would prefer not to have software on my computer as I travel with my computer all the time.

chankayan no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone come up with a solution to the problem? I am having the same problem. I've messed with all the listed options and still I get a dialogue box asking me whether I wish to delete all my entries (tend to be the older ones). At that point, I hit "re-sync" and the problem goes away. Is there something I am missing?

StraightLine no está en línea Stack level 1

i'm having the same problem with my outlook calendar import via intellisync however i seem to have an extra wrinkle which is that if i re-sync it re-imports the entries from outlook so that i end up with two of everything. if i then sync again it creates the two bb entries in outlook and then if i resync again it exports the three entries into bb. the problem looks like getting exponentially bigger !!!! how do we engage BB on the issue ? any thoughts ?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Straight line, check out this thread for the solution, Curve Calendar Patch.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

ronp no está en línea Stack level 1

After a year without trouble, I am now having the same trouble syncing that "lesmac" described,

" I'm having problems syncing with Outlook Calendar. It works ok the first time, then for the second go it tries to erase a lot of the calendar entries within Outlook. It seems to want to keep the forward and recent entries. If I select re-sync it does it ok. I want to keep all Outlook entries sync'ed with the Blackberry. At the moment this is only a years worth, but will grow. The user guide says there is an option within the pearl to set the timeframe for keeping calendar entries which does not exist"

Does anyone know the answer to this issue? Thanks!

LankaBoy no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Issues with syncing to Outlook calendar

OMG - I don't wanna jump the gun but I think I might have a possible answer.

Been dealing with this EXACT issue for >month and have tried (seemingly) everything to this point. I even got a new device thinking it might be a hardware issue.

I hadn't noticed but I had "Wireless Reconcile" enabled. (Messages > Options > Email Reconciliation > Wireless Reconcile). I've now turned that off, cleared my Calendar DB (Desktop Manager > Backup/Restore > Advanced > Calendar > Clear) and resync'd with Outlook.

I'm gonna monitor it over the next day or two and see how it goes. *fingers crossed*

It seems to make sense that some sort of Wireless Reconcile conflict may have caused the data to go missing from my CrackBerry.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

jenniferpeace no está en línea Stack level 1

I too have lost my calendar entries from mid-August back. Is there any way to recover them? I regularly refer to my old entries. Any other solutions to this problem? Thank you.

davet@whaarch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205199E7

I have found that I have a memory leak on my Pearl. Once the memory is reduced to a certain level, the device starts deleting things including call logs, emails, etc. I believe that it also deletes calendar items. If you reset the device you get your memory back. I have made a habit of reseting my Pearl at least every two days to maintain sufficient memory and I haven't lost any calendar entries since. Not much of a solution but at least it is a work-around until RIM resolves the memory leak problems. Do a search and you will find all sorts of info on memory leaks and even a software add-on that will let you do a soft reset instead of removing your battery cover all the time.

Good Luck!

namechange no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay - so I'm new to Blackberrys and am having a problem getting Outlook 2007 Calendar to sync. The contacts will sync with no problem - but no calendar entries will sync in either direction. On the BB, I have two calendars (one for each e-mail address). Can someone tell me why? I have two e-mail addresses setup via POP to different servers, but never did anything to setup them in the calendar.

Anyone have a clue?

sinirgi no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by namechange View Post
    Okay - so I'm new to Blackberrys and am having a problem getting Outlook 2007 Calendar to sync. The contacts will sync with no problem - but no calendar entries will sync in either direction. On the BB, I have two calendars (one for each e-mail address). Can someone tell me why? I have two e-mail addresses setup via POP to different servers, but never did anything to setup them in the calendar.

Anyone have a clue?
    I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever get an answer? I am still looking.