Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I'm sure there are a lot of ppl that can read this post and ... Networking with PinStackers forum

cubanjinx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318E133A

intersting people. are they a dying breed?

Advertisement

So I'm sure there are a lot of ppl that can read this post and agree with me. I'm sick of ppl adding me and not saying a thing. Seriously?...ppl are treating their blackberry like their myspace account and just adding ppl for the numbers? Thanx but no thanx *delete*
    So with this thread I hope that ppl who actually enjoy just chatting and getting to know new ppl can come and share pins. No matter race, sex, background, location or watever.
    All in all....if you've got more to say than "hey wats up?"...."got a pic" and the famous..."oh cool" pls feel free to add me/send me a message
    pin:31884720

-Steve :-D

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2
    Totally agree with you, even a simple hello would be appreciated. i added people to talk and some don't even answer. Some also do not add you and they posted their Pin here. Sad indeed

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    lol I had one person add me and we talked a little, then once I said I was married I never heard from her again.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    318E133A
    I've seen that a couple times! I've talked to women and they'll talk for a bit then finally let me know they're married and ask "is that ok?" it just seems that ppl are using bbm to "make" hott friends :-/

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cubanjinx View Post
    I've seen that a couple times! I've talked to women and they'll talk for a bit then finally let me know they're married and ask "is that ok?" it just seems that ppl are using bbm to "make" hott friends :-/

lol I 'd have to agree with that post.

I was talking to one chick (who posted "looking for new BB friends")
    and she was REALLY cold to me, it's not even like I was hitting on her, really dumb!

anyway I've got something like 35 contacts in my list so the worst I'd say is...
    sorry who is this again. feel free to add me if you want man I'm always up for good convo.
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Concept Guest
    I can agree and disagree with you. I can agree because I have had it happen a few times. Either people add you and try to talk 24/7 at all times of the day or they send the request and then don't say much after that. But at the same time you have to look at it like this. A lot of people work a lot of different type jobs, hours or whatever. So even though they have their pin listed and would openly chat with people maybe their schedule doesn't match up to yours.

I look at it like this. A guy shouldn't add another guy unless you have an exact common interest. Either the same sports team, same music, go to the same school, live in the same city or something like that. This way when you get a random request from another guy, you have something to talk about. There's nothing worse than a guy half way across the country sending you a message asking you what your gonna do for the weekend when you have to clue them into every detail just to have it make sense.

As far as guy/girl requests well thats a little more liberal. You can't go into it expecting anything. Cause you never know whether the person who sent you the request is married and is just looking for buddies or whether they are looking for that spark of interest that maybe just might turn into something later. I look at it like this. Don't send me a request expecting to hit it off and develop a relationship cause it ain't gonna happen. But at the same time, don't send a request or accept a request if you don't have time to talk and are unavailable 24/7 either.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Great post. I'm a 31 year old married male living in Colombia south America. If you are interested in chatting feel free to contact me. Here is my pin:2056b055. Take care. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    I can agree and disagree with you. I can agree because I have had it happen a few times. Either people add you and try to talk 24/7 at all times of the day or they send the request and then don't say much after that. But at the same time you have to look at it like this. A lot of people work a lot of different type jobs, hours or whatever. So even though they have their pin listed and would openly chat with people maybe their schedule doesn't match up to yours.

I look at it like this. A guy shouldn't add another guy unless you have an exact common interest. Either the same sports team, same music, go to the same school, live in the same city or something like that. This way when you get a random request from another guy, you have something to talk about. There's nothing worse than a guy half way across the country sending you a message asking you what your gonna do for the weekend when you have to clue them into every detail just to have it make sense.

As far as guy/girl requests well thats a little more liberal. You can't go into it expecting anything. Cause you never know whether the person who sent you the request is married and is just looking for buddies or whether they are looking for that spark of interest that maybe just might turn into something later. I look at it like this. Don't send me a request expecting to hit it off and develop a relationship cause it ain't gonna happen. But at the same time, don't send a request or accept a request if you don't have time to talk and are unavailable 24/7 either.

up make a very valid point. using these devices I've run across people from all over europe, as well as america. and (of course) the time zones just don't match.

I think as long as you establish basic things when requesting/accepting a new friend is crucial.
    find out where the other person lives, if they are on a completely different time schedule then you are, respect that. people don't need to have their sleep interrupted because you just got out of work.

I think that as long as you establish some ground rules at the beginning then there shouldn't be any problems further on down the road
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

True, true.. You do make a good point. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    Not to bash on anyone, but I can relate this a lot. There was a 20- thread a while back and a few of the people that I gave my PIN to had wayyy too much time on their hands and it got irritating when every hour I would get a "wats up". I'm only 17 but go to school and work full time, I don't have time to respond every hour when someone wants to talk.

I've found its best to get to know someone on the stacks then add them on messenger. On that note, feel free to PM me if anyone's looking for messenger buddies.
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Well, when I don't got time to chat, either I won't respond or I would excuse myself and chat another time. Its normal for people not being able to chat all the time, but when you do get a chance to chat with someone, you want to have a full and interesting two way conversation.. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    Yeah I know what you mean, entirely. Just my little side rant...
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

PIN/ID
    318E133A
    These are all great and valid points. I always find myself in that pickle of being the nice guy who listens to anything that anyone has to say. It helps giving in the aide of making ppl feel comfortable with you...sometimes too comfortable. I have ppl that build the base of a bbm convo with a rude/snotty/ or just a vulgar remark. When that happens I really understand why they got a blackberry....if they're acting like this in real life no one would wanna associate with them so why not try the blackberry community for size :-P

DON'T BE SUCKERED BY A CHUMP!!! Haha

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by StephenGuy View Post
    Not to bash on anyone, but I can relate this a lot. There was a 20- thread a while back and a few of the people that I gave my PIN to had wayyy too much time on their hands and it got irritating when every hour I would get a "wats up". I'm only 17 but go to school and work full time, I don't have time to respond every hour when someone wants to talk.

I've found its best to get to know someone on the stacks then add them on messenger. On that note, feel free to PM me if anyone's looking for messenger buddies.

Freakin A!
    I'm met some of the coolest people on this forum and most have been added to my list!
    well said.

Yeah. Most of the people I chat with are from pinstack! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast