Can I use the PIN messaging on the Verizon network when I travel abroad? I ... Networking with PinStackers forum

jiowa no está en línea Stack level 1

International PIN messaging w/ Verizon??

Advertisement

Can I use the PIN messaging on the Verizon network when I travel abroad? I know Verizon is CDMA not GSM so does that mean I can't use a BB to PIN from Europe back to the States without switching service providers? I don't need to make calls or use any other function only PIN messaging from Europe to the States. I've been told yes and no, please help me figure this out once and for all. Thanks

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: International PIN messaging w/ Verizon??

I doubt it will work! I'm from London, and I know we don't have CDMA, so I can't see how it would work. But, of course this is just my opinion...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jiowa, Welcome to PinStack. I don't think you will even be able to connect to a Network in Europe with a CMDA device. I don't know of a carrier in Europe that has CMDA capabilities. If you travel much to Europe, you will need to get a GSM capable BB device to be able to use PIN messaging in both places.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello jiowa, welcome to pinstack.com.

What about renting a Blackberry just to go out of the country? There is a company called Cellhire that rents Blackberry's, contact them at 1-800-753-8315.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You should also contact Verizon to find out where they have roaming agreements and if those agreements include BlackBerry service.

Even if you do find coverage (which is 99.99% unlikely with CDMA in the EU), the network you would be roaming on may not support BlackBerry. In that case, you would just have a phone.

But as RC said: if you're planning on travelling frequently, switch to GSM.

The Roc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Multiple

if you're hardstuck on verizon and you really want the best of both worlds, wait until the 8703w is released. Dual band gsm/cdma so you wont need to worry about switching your pin when you travel outside the states.

Ericbl no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    jiowan, I bought my 8700G last month. Using tmobile, 1500 mins. Unlimited data
    International package for 99.00 a month. I switched from Verizon and I was paying 80.00 a month for 2,000 mins. I had my wife add unlimited text messaging today for 14.99. My system worked great in Saudi last week. I am in Spain right now (can't sleep). Layover in Schipole airport.and it worked great. No complaints with my setup