Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, my name is Cliff and I just got a new 8700c. (Just love it!) ... Networking with PinStackers forum

cliffveal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D4D800

Smile Insurance???

Advertisement

Hi, my name is Cliff and I just got a new 8700c. (Just love it!)
    Cingular will not insure it. My home owners wont either ($500 deductable). Anybody have any experience with getting one of these insured?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Insurance???

There is no hope on getting insurance with Cingular. The company Lockline, that provides the insurance, is very selective with the devices they insure. The best bet would be to stash away some money 'in case' something happens to your 8700c.

I have heard of people insuring it under home owners but never heard of a $500 deductable for it. Seems pretty high.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

WHY is Cingular selling a product they don't support or insure??? That makes no sense.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Home insurance / tenant insurance often requires additions to it. Stuff that goes beyond what it normally covered. Laptops, sporting equipment, bikes, etc.

$500 deductable does seem high.

Anytime I make a big purchase, I make sure I provide the info to my insurer, just in case.

If your BB is stolen, then you're out of luck. But if your car gets stolen and your BB was in it, then you come out on top with a new BB.

And insuring mobile devices through the carrier, this is common in USA? Mostly unheard of in Canada.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    WHY is Cingular selling a product they don't support or insure??? That makes no sense.
    It's not Cingular choice to pick what phone they want to insure, it's the company Lockline. For some reason they don't like insuring higher end/PDA type phones. I remember when they didn't even want to insure the Razr. Good thing T-mobile uses Asurion, they will insure any T-mobile branded phone. All for $5.99 a month and $110 deductible, thats not too bad.

cliffveal no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D4D800

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    There is no hope on getting insurance with Cingular. The company Lockline, that provides the insurance, is very selective with the devices they insure. The best bet would be to stash away some money 'in case' something happens to your 8700c.

I have heard of people insuring it under home owners but never heard of a $500 deductable for it. Seems pretty high.
    Guess the "stash some cash away"-option is going to have to be the way to go. Uhgg! (Is this how you spell "Uhgg"??)

Thanks for all of your input.

Cliff

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

This is consistent with what the Cingular CSR told me. So, we'll cross fingers and stash some cash just in case.

In my case, I'll write off my BB's as a business expense. I'll still have to pay if something happens.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

What is the price of an 8700? Sprint use LockLine and they insure the PPC6700, which has a retail value of $599.99, and they cover this with a $50 deductable. Also the Treo 650 and 700 are both covered for a mere $50 deductable. The Treo 700 has a full retail value of $650!!! LockLine states that the cost cannot exceed $1000. Nextel insures all of their phones, the most expensive being an i325IS, which is valued at $549.99, and goes for a $100 deductable, but they use Signal. Ive never heard of an insurance company not insuring all of the phones offered, wow! The previous information, on the Sprint side, was provided by a phone call I just got off of with LockLine. The Nextel side I know from experience.

eyehate no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF25FD

It's not Cingular choice to pick what phone they want to insure, it's the company Lockline. For some reason they don't like insuring higher end/PDA type phones. I remember when they didn't even want to insure the Razr. Good thing T-mobile uses Asurion, they will insure any T-mobile branded phone. All for $5.99 a month and $110 deductible, thats not too bad.
    +1 to to that

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

http://www.mobileprotech.com/index.cfm

Relatively inexpensive insurance for ya. Check it out
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    What is the price of an 8700? Sprint use LockLine and they insure the PPC6700, which has a retail value of $599.99, and they cover this with a $50 deductable. Also the Treo 650 and 700 are both covered for a mere $50 deductable. The Treo 700 has a full retail value of $650!!! LockLine states that the cost cannot exceed $1000. Nextel insures all of their phones, the most expensive being an i325IS, which is valued at $549.99, and goes for a $100 deductable, but they use Signal. Ive never heard of an insurance company not insuring all of the phones offered, wow! The previous information, on the Sprint side, was provided by a phone call I just got off of with LockLine. The Nextel side I know from experience.
    I am getting the feeling that Cingular does not like BlackBerry.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Well then we wont like Cingular, lol just kidding.
    Last edited by cp6169; 09-01-2006 at 12:53 PM.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Yea...they offer all that I have the 5.99 equipment protection and when my bb was temporarily lost/stolen and I called they told me all kinda things...I need a police report and all other kind of things, they said T-mobile does not replace the bb is comes from the manufacturer, and you have to wait about a week for a new bb...so much rigamarole..my head start hurting....I begun to wonder is it really worth it?? If you thinks I m joking do a test drive call them and ask them what you have to do to get a replacement bb, if your bb was stolen??? Somebody holla back..
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

i heard there is a chance that Cingular is going to start offering insurnace for Blackberries. Talked to a CSR a few days ago, he mentioned it. Haven't been able to confirm that with anyone else.

blacklaw no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    327508D5

Quote Originally Posted by digitalslack
    i heard there is a chance that Cingular is going to start offering insurnace for Blackberries. Talked to a CSR a few days ago, he mentioned it. Haven't been able to confirm that with anyone else.
    I read about safeware.com providing insurance. They quoted for up to $770.00 in coverage, $52.00 a year. From what I read they pretty much cover most things that can go wrong. I am still debating it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast