I'm having a little issue with blackberry messenger... I uninstalled it the other day and ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Jonaselm no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F57947

installing blackberry messanger

Advertisement

I'm having a little issue with blackberry messenger... I uninstalled it the other day and just now found this site and realized that I wanted it back. I downloaded it again OTA, and it says its installed, but there's no icon on the home menu. I've tried reinstalling and pulling the battery, but to no avail. I still can't get the icon back... Any help would be appreciated because I'm looking forward to messenging with you all in this forum.
    Thanks in advance
    -Jonas

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: installing blackberry messanger

Maybe try to uninstall and reinstall it on your bb and that might fix your problem.

Hope this helps,

COJO 24

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

hit menu then show all, the icon may have been hidden
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    23F57947

hmm.... still no luck. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, pulling the battery in between. And the icon's not showing up as hidden when I go to Organize Applications. Any other ideas?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Jonas, what theme are you using and have you recently changed themes?

PIN/ID
    23F57947

I'm using T-Mobile Zen and no, I haven't changed themes. Looking around on the internet, it seems as though this is a somewhat common issue. Apparently the version of Messenger BlackBerry has up on their site (1.0.94) isn't compatable with newer phones... I'm gonna try to get it from DM and see if that works. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for your help.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

THe application reloader should fix that problem!

PIN/ID
    23F57947

foiled again... I use a Mac, and the Desktop Manager software doesn't seem to work with Virtual PC. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow at work.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Jonaselm, you can use Parallel's or Bootcamp if you have a CD of Windows XP laying around
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    23F57947

unfortunately, I don't have an intel processor. I have a PC at work, so I'll give it a try over there tomorrow.

PIN/ID
    23F57947

Ok, I fixed the problem and figured that I'd post the solution since I've seen other people post about it too.

First off, I was told that if you're using the 8100 or 8800, many users will have an issue trying to download OTA (depending on carrier). If you've deleted BB messenger and want it back, you'll need access to a PC (sorry to my fellow mac users).

Go to BlackBerry's site and download the software specific to your carrier. The site is
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp

Go to your carrier's link, and download the software specific to your phone. Once there, don't download the DM software - instead, download the "Handheld Software". This seems to be some kind of special Desktop Manager specific to your phone. It will check your phone at the beginning, and prompt for you update the software for BlackBerry messenger (it will detect that it is missing or bad). Click update and follow the wizard, and you're in business.

I have T-Mobile and an 8100, and it worked for me just fine. Best of luck to anyone else.

aprilryan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

i experienced the same problem as jonaselm. unfortunately for me, when i followed the link he posted, my service provider has not yet uploaded the software for the pearl (the available software is for old models).

if, as they say, the bb messenger software available on the internet is not compatible with pearl, can i just hard reset the pearl so it will wipe out all the new software i installed?

vickskid76 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jonaselm
    Ok, I fixed the problem and figured that I'd post the solution since I've seen other people post about it too.

First off, I was told that if you're using the 8100 or 8800, many users will have an issue trying to download OTA (depending on carrier). If you've deleted BB messenger and want it back, you'll need access to a PC (sorry to my fellow mac users).
    Jonaselm - Does this work if you are using an enterprise server?