Hello all: I am a new BB Pearl user, which seems to be just the ... Networking with PinStackers forum

rogerc no está en línea Stack level 1

Incomplete synching of Outlook contacts

Advertisement

Hello all:

I am a new BB Pearl user, which seems to be just the device to combine the functionality of a cell with my old HP iPaq in one slick, compact mobile.

In every respect, the Pearl is a brilliant product. It sychronizes flawlessly with Outlook (calendar, notes), except that not all contacts are moved to the phone. The BB seems to have a limit, stopping somewhere around 129 contacts, then it abruptly stalls, when I recieve an error message on the PC screen. There seems to be no discernible pattern on those contacts accepted/rejected by the BB. I checked that all have first/last names, etc.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Incomplete synching of Outlook contacts

They could have a character not accpeted by the BB or maybe they have a name but no number which could causes the problem
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello rogerc, welcome to pinstack. Let us know how it goes.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    They could have a character not accpeted by the BB or maybe they have a name but no number which could causes the problem
    Yes the new BB OS does not accept incomplete address entries. Make sure all have first and last names and as mentions invalid characters.

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    Thanks for responding sn1p3r, but I checked for odd characters, or name without numbers and vice versa. I should have added these details: I synch only with the USB (not wireless), and the error message ("unable to write or update application") occurrs after I accept the "Confirm address book edits" query at the final step of synchronization. I should also add that the BB has 10 MB and 800 MB free space on device memory and media card, respectively.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hey cp6169: Thank you VERY MUCH for the link. "Cause 1" was the culprit after all, and was an easy fix. I can now leave my iPAQ at home for an upcoming trip. All the best, rogerc