I'm to receive my FOURTH BBPearl 8100 tomorrow. The previous 3 all had the same ... Networking with PinStackers forum

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2

Incoming Call Delay

Advertisement

I'm to receive my FOURTH BBPearl 8100 tomorrow. The previous 3 all had the same problem. When I answer incoming calls there is a delay before I'm initially heard. Anyone any ideas ? I don't want to have to give up on this model.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is actually quite common, enough so that it could be considered "normal".

I'm surprised that your carrier has offered you three replacements for the same phone and the same complaint. ??

A one or two second delay is acceptable, at least for RIM.

Remember, a BlackBerry is first and foremost an email device. Everything else is secondary. Any BlackBerry veteran would never tell you that a BlackBerry is a "great" phone. It's "ok" at best. For the most part, the phone on a BlackBerry was an afterthought.

If I know I'm going to make a long call, important call, or especially an over-seas call, I switch my SIM to my Moto V60, it has the BEST call quality of any phone I've ever owned or used.

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2
    I see.... I would have thought Vodafone should've made me aware of this and not simply keep replacing it. It's more than a few seconds delay. Often people hang up because they think I've answered then hung up. I had a BB before this one but also had a mobile and used the BB for e-mail only. I like the look of this one though and I'm happy to be back down to one phone.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    KSGranite, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jacksachar no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20523B43

jack

Quote Originally Posted by KSGranite
    I'm to receive my FOURTH BBPearl 8100 tomorrow. The previous 3 all had the same problem. When I answer incoming calls there is a delay before I'm initially heard. Anyone any ideas ? I don't want to have to give up on this model.
    This is a common problem as we have a number in our family with the same problem. Come on Blackberry make a statement! How about an update on the software. This problem is in Australia South Africa and other countries!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Incoming Call Delay

jacksachar, Welcome to PinStack.

Check out this thread, new OS.. download at your own risk =P, it reportably allieviates this problem. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ianjay1956 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi - I'm on an 8100 on Voda in UK - had call delay on first phone and poor call quality - phone was changed - quality fine but call delay still there. This is a common problem - I upgraded software via RIM to latest version for Voda UK (later than shipped version on phone) - all seems fine with it now. Worth a try - but take note - the upgrade process appears to hang the phone in the final step for about 20 mins - have patience !!!

BENZO1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I have the same delay issues every now and then, but for the most part my 8100 works fine. hope you get your phone issues resolved.