hello this site was recommended to me by someone who already has their blackberry and ... Networking with PinStackers forum

hutchy no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down i'm new and clueless

Advertisement

hello this site was recommended to me by someone who already has their blackberry and got help here. i just received my blackberry 7130g. its locked to the orange network in the uk.

i don't have any sort of monthly contract and don't plan on getting one so will always use pay as you go as my option with phones.

with this blackberry i can't seem to send or receive anything like pics, music etc. through bluetooth so is bluetooth on blackberrys only there to use with bluetooth headsets?

also 'Data Connection Refused' displays on main screen at top and my signal says i have GPRS available. thing is there is no way to access the GPRS as my phone has no HTML browser and no orange world browser.

so i guess my main question is this- can i use my blackberry as a pay as you go device? texting and calls are fine but is it possible to access the GPRS? or do i have to make do without it due to not having any data plan on a monthly contract?

another thing thats annoying me is that the website it tells me to register on blackberry. orange. co. uk always gives a system error message when it gets to final stage.

sorry if this is long intro but needed to try give as much info as possible in order to receive some help on the few things i described.

thanks very much for any insight or help in advance

EDIT:just realized that maybe i am not supposed to post my problems in the intro as a single post. sorry in advance if that is the case
    Last edited by hutchy; 02-17-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: i'm new and clueless

hutchy, Welcome to PinStack.

Basically, these are all the same problem, except for the bluetooth not being able to send files. On your device the Bluetooth is limited to sync and headphone use I think.

As to the other problems, they are all related to not having a Blackberry data plan. The BB is limited to phone type communications without a BB data plan.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Hutchy. The data plan is definitely worth the investment!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Hello Hutchy, And Welcome to the Stacks

thanks for the quick help.

i had a look at orange blackberry plans. do i just sign up to one of them or do i need to also sign up to a monthly contract and pay the monthly fee on top of the blackberry data plan fee? really confused just now.

is 6mb alot? as thats what orange offers on the blackberry data plans. thats for 1 month

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

In my opinion, 6 mB is not very much, I use that much in a day at times. But then I use my BB for checking a lot of news and blog sites. It all depends on what you want to do with your BB. About the plans, I really don't know about Orange and their requirements, but most carriers won't support a Data Plan on a pre-pay account.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Hi all - just like Hutchy, I just got my first blackberry last night (pearl). So far really enjoying it - but definately different from PPC's and Treo's, and the keyboard (although nice) will take some time to get used to. Even though I know it's laid out like a normal QWERTY, for some reason I keep looking for the keys as if it were a regular cell (with the T key on bottom, etc)

thanks for the help and welcome. i'm just going to sell this phone as i never knew the bluetooth was only for headsets or car kits and you can't transfer media with it also oranges plans do not seem worth iti think i'd prefer t mobile. so if anybody is interested in this phone then let me know. not sure how much it is worth though.

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Hutchy if u wanted to upgrade your ur blackberry to a newer model like a pearl, you'd have more of the options you'd like. I belive the pearl does quite abit more than the BB u have, just a thought maybe u should post a new post and ask some pearl users. They'd love to tell you about what their newer pearl babys can do! Pearls are quite advanced and a much newer BB. Just a suggestion, goodluck!