On a previous BB I owned, there was a IM icon that would appear on ... Networking with PinStackers forum

queenBB no está en línea Stack level 1

IM Icon Notification on Home Screen

Advertisement

On a previous BB I owned, there was a IM icon that would appear on my home screen when I received an IM (similar to the icon that pops up for missed calls).

I have switched to the 8703 by Sprint. I have modified my ringer profiles so that I get a tone notification when a new IM is recieved, but I can't figure out how (and even if) I can get the icon notifcation to pop on my home screen.

I have my email general setting options setup so that the unread message count envelope appears on the home screen, as I assumed that might need to be active to get the IM icon.

Any other thoughts? I am about to pull my hair out. Thanks so much.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: IM Icon Notification on Home Screen

Hello QueenB and Welcome to the Stacks. Are you using BB Messenger? If you are, it should automatically have a small yellow pop-up circle when you get an IM. What IM program are you using?

Hi ljbyar - I am using the BB Messenger application. It came installed on the phone and I believe it is the most current version (1.0.94)

Thanks

Any other ideas on how to modify my settings so that the yellow pop-up circle appears when and receive an IM?

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by queenBB
    On a previous BB I owned, there was a IM icon that would appear on my home screen when I received an IM (similar to the icon that pops up for missed calls).

I have switched to the 8703 by Sprint. I have modified my ringer profiles so that I get a tone notification when a new IM is recieved, but I can't figure out how (and even if) I can get the icon notifcation to pop on my home screen.

I have my email general setting options setup so that the unread message count envelope appears on the home screen, as I assumed that might need to be active to get the IM icon.

Any other thoughts? I am about to pull my hair out. Thanks so much.

Have you tried a soft reset (Pulling out the battery waiting 10-15 seconds and put it back in)? I have heard this has helped others with the same problem. Hopefully for you it will. Let us know please.

Thanks Felixtc. I actually searched the 8700 blog and found someone with the same issue. The thread recommended a hard reset (I think the command was Alt+Del+Num) and it worked.

I didn't try pulling out the battery, but perhaps that would have worked too.

Thanks again. Hope this helps others with the same issue.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by queenBB
    Thanks Felixtc. I actually searched the 8700 blog and found someone with the same issue. The thread recommended a hard reset (I think the command was Alt+Del+Num) and it worked.

I didn't try pulling out the battery, but perhaps that would have worked too.

Thanks again. Hope this helps others with the same issue.
    Glad to hear you're all set QueenBB. A battery pull is always a good first attempt to fix small problems.

fatboyangst no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey guys. I can't get the BB messenger smiley icon off my home screen. I have no conversations going on or anything.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Maybe you have an invite pending.