Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Please say a prayer for me. I'm facing something scary. Not healthwise at all but ... Networking with PinStackers forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

I wouldn't normally ask or be public

Advertisement

Please say a prayer for me. I'm facing something scary. Not healthwise at all but related to my months of unemploymentand an uncaring state entity.
    I'm doing my best to leave it to God. He knows I love my boys.

Sorry if this is inappropriate.

Jay

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Will do, Jay.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Will do, methinks that while you are trusting in God, you are facing it with a strong resolution. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'll be praying for you JF.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Thank you.

Long story short. I lost my job a year ago through a snafu. Was supposed to transfer, but got terminated instead. Took forever to find job and we have been living on just enough to pay rent and buy gas.

To help my exwife and because I could, we've spent as much time as we can with the boys. I love them dearly and have been upset over my inability to pay support. My exwife has been great, but the state of va hasn't. I've been to court twice and both times thought I had a job but it fell through. I finally have one but haven't worked a full week yet, and it only pays 8 an hour, under the table. I've sent half of what I've made, but the total is very high.

I'm doing all I can. I'm scared. Its possible I can go to jail, and my faith is struggling.

I'm not a deadbeat.

Well, back to work.....

It amazes me that our judicial system can be so blind to the economic hardship of so many people. Times are tough out there and there's only so much people can do. Thank God your ex-wife has been so supportive. Seems there's no reason they should come down so hard on you, Jay, so keep the faith.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hang in there Jay. I'm sure the best solution will come to the surface.
    My prayers will also help out.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    prayers sent j...hang in there
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Thanks. Had a setback. Boss wont confirm employment. So basically I have no job as far as the state will be concerned.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    You wrote something really nice at that piece on Steve Jobs eulogy. That shows how much faith and trust you have on our God. I pray that he will always include you and your boys in His plans. You are loved.

I normally don't ask. A book I'm using to facilitate my Sunday school class suggested sharing as a way to overcome the stress and doubt fear introduces. All day I've been struggling with this fear, seeing it as a lack of faith. My father in law is a pastor and he's been a help. Seeing the faith displayed here during the last week encouraged my request.

This is the single most frustrating situation I've been in. My sons are kings amoung men, and this could lead me to be away from them.

I've paid support for 9 years at a rate that equaled nearly 60% of my monthly income. I've struggled but made it, never upset. Unemployment is the only reason I haven't paid. Now the state wants blood. They gave me a lawyer that just wants me to plead guilty. I struggle doing that, simply because it makes me feel like a father that didn't care.

Oh well.......I believe, help my unbelief.

They gave me a lawyer that just wants me to plead guilty. I struggle doing that, simply because it makes me feel like a father that didn't care.
    Plead guilty of what? You're not guilty of anything from what I can tell. They need to give you a lawyer who will listen to what you have to say and then actually fight for you and not just run you through the damn system.

We sat there last month and watched him get 5 new cases. I had to call him every day for a week to get him to talk to me. I'm sure he's a good lawyer, but overworked. Being unable to afford a lawyer means you get rushed, basic help. He only called me back because a paying client has a name similar to mine and he misheard it on the voicemail. Started talking to me about something else for a few minutes, then got off the phone quickly once he figured it out.

As for what guilty of, honestly not sure. Guess being delinquent. It doesn't matter (according to the lawyer) that I've spent as much time with the boys to make it easier on the ex.

Its screwed up Roger. As a dad I have little rights since I have no custody. Its worse calling DCSE, they treat you like a dog. You're a bad dad, period.

Sadly this is because there are dads that run off and fail to accept the responsibility of their children. Those dads make us all guilty, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Other than feeling completely screwed I made it through the day. Thanks for the prayer.

Think my plans for the ministry are hosed now though.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Other than feeling completely screwed I made it through the day. Thanks for the prayer.

Think my plans for the ministry are hosed now though.
    When I was younger, I had a very good friend that went to a certain school that is Religious. I won't say the name as it's well known but they teach a certain way as all those schools do. For good reason. He decided that he wanted to reach people on a different level. The ones that we don't like to think about.

So, one day he wonders into a bar downtown, sits down to have a pint. Looks around and watches for a while. Then asks a gentleman if he would like to talk and the first round is on him. That entire week he did the same thing, until the school caught wind of it.

He was expelled, going into "those" places was strictly forbiden. He lost his scholarship and was tossed out into the world. My friend was deeply hurt as he knew he was doing the right thing and couldn't understand why the Lord couldn't reason with these men to let them see he was doing His work. His whole life was turned upside down for doing what he knew was right and what the Lord would have done.

Sometimes doing what you think is right doesn't mean that world and it's laws agree with you. When things get rough and you feel like there's no where to go but down, the Lord looks upon you and smiles. We are His children and he watches over us through the good and the bad. He will always walk with us and when no one else understands He does. We don't always know what's around the corner but we do know what ever it is, He's along side of us.

What happened to my friend? Well he took up a job to pay the bills. Married a great girl and has a little one of his own now.

He also attends Wednesday night service every week, at the shelter for the homeless.Where one of the men that he spoke with that week gives the sermons and spreads Gods word to those that the world and it's laws have forgotten.

Keep your head up Jay, trust in Him as He know's what He's doing.
    RogerG, catstide and jfcooley like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast