So, after returning my MDA and playing with my friend's BB, I started researching Blackberrys ... Networking with PinStackers forum

lolamae no está en línea Stack level 2

i am so weak.

Advertisement

So, after returning my MDA and playing with my friend's BB, I started researching Blackberrys very extensively.

I learned of the new Pearl coming out in September, and the QWERTY Pearl that is coming out in '07.

Did I want the 8700g? Did I want the pearl? Did I really need a camera? Did I really need any of that new stuff? YES! NO! YES! NO! JUST WAIT!

I pondered, I thought it out, I made a list of pros and cons, I weighed everything out, pondered some more,.... and I decided I would wait for the Pearl QWERTY.

Thats what I told myself...... I swear.

Tonight I decided to go shopping... I think I told myself I would buy a pair of shorts and a birthday present for someone.

Now, I'm sitting here in my room typing away and looking at my new Tmobile bag with the 8700g sitting in it.

How did this happen?!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: i am so weak.

LOL I went thru this same thing right after my second SK2's signal died only I had a few more options to choose from. I had the following options:

1) BlackBerry 7105t (which I now own LOL)
    2) Wait for the 8700g (I ended up not being able to wait as I needed a phone THEN as was the case 5 months ago)
    3) SDA (didn't like the MDA)-I almost bought this but because of my past experiences with Windows Mobile devices I thought better.
    4) Nokia 6800 series, 3220 or 6010, or Moto PEBL.
    5) Get a THIRD replacement SK2 (4th total-I'd already been thru a Color Sidekick and 2 SK2's)

I was on the phone with a T-Mobile rep for 30 minutes. The rep was nice and mentioned all the available devices and actually offered me the 3220 (for about $75 as she understood my financial dispute at the time which I eventually won) with the option to upgrade but I settled on my new BB. I'm a little shocked she was even able to understand me at the time as I was fighting a nasty cold LOL

RyanDarilek no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400DE1A4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~LOL...It seems you are much like myself in this matter! I've been there before and it's a proven fact that I'll be there again! I'd recomend waiting, but if it were me I would go ahead and get "the latest and greatest" for thwe time being. Good luck making this decision... Its a tough one!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

LOL I had no choice but to get something or I'd have been without a phone for God knows how long and I can't be without a cell phone as much as I am out of my house LOL

lolamae no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by RyanDarilek
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~LOL...It seems you are much like myself in this matter! I've been there before and it's a proven fact that I'll be there again! I'd recomend waiting, but if it were me I would go ahead and get "the latest and greatest" for thwe time being. Good luck making this decision... Its a tough one!
    LoL! i already bought the 8700g.
    i hope i dont regret it when the Pearl comes out.

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

i am one of those verizon customers waiting for the 8700 series to hit the shelves. although my boss has given the green light to upgrade everyone i am wondering if i should suggest holding out until the full qwerty pearl is available. being verizon it will probably be around 2009 before they decide to release it and by that time we will be ready to upgrade again.

i like gadgets so i am not against having a camera and i would really love to have expandable memory. i know it can cause problems trying to fit too much into one device. take the treo for example....what a nightmare our treo users go through just to keep those things functioning properly.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

frolix8 no está en línea Stack level 1

When I saw the SK3 had the same screen as my SK2, and SK color, that was the clincher! Looked at BB,...and now have the mighty 8700g. This, after telling myself that the SK2 was perfectly fine...LOL!
    If they EVER improve the screen on the SK, who knows; but for now, I'm digging the 8700.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

frolix8, Welcome to the Pinstack. I know you will enjoy the 8700. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you enjoy it more. Don't hesitate to ask questions or to jump in with any help you can provide others.

Again, Welcome
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Just face it...now you're an addict like the rest of us!!! It's just a fact of life!!! LOL!!! I wonder if they sell 20 sacks of BB's???!!!