Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need to reset my Blackberry 8700 C, any suggestions? thanks... Networking with PinStackers forum

rsteinkritz no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I reset my Blackberry 8700 C

Advertisement

I need to reset my Blackberry 8700 C, any suggestions?
    thanks

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: How do I reset my Blackberry 8700 C

Hello rstein, welcome to pinstack.com!

Why are you trying to reset your BB, did it ask you to and you hit no, or are you just wanting to freshen it up? You can take the battery out and hold the power button down for 30 seconds then put the battery back in, or you can hold down alt-caps-delete and it will do a reset.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to Pinstack, rsteinkritz. As cp6169 implied, the term reset can mean multiple things when talking about Blackberry devices. Anywhere from doing a hot reboot (ALT+CAP+DEL) to deleting all user data to completly returning the device to it's original state when delivered from the factory. Please provide an indication as to which level of reset you want to accomplish.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

swells808 no está en línea Stack level 1

I need to rest the unit so it just deletes the address book. I would rather not use a pc to do this. How would I accomplish this?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to the Stacks swells808. Your request is really ambiguous, do you really mean to delete you address book? Mind my asking why?

If you want to use your address book afterwards, and only want to clear just that, then I think the only option is to us the Desktop Manager on a PC to do this. Or you can just go though the Address Book and delete the entries one by one.

If you really want to Remove the address book, so that it doesn't exist any more, and are willing to take a real chance on messing up your BB, you can go to Options/Advanced Options/Applications and open the Menu as select Modules. There are several Modules that include the term Addressbook. Delete each of these. I don't know what else may happen, because you deleting items that really part of the OS.

If want to attempt the latter, I can't recommend strong enough that you backup you hand held and have a PC available to download and reinstall your OS.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

DigiDean no está en línea Stack level 1
    What do I do to my Blackberry 8700C if I want to delete everything and restore it to it's original condition?

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    DigiDean, Welcome to PinStack.

Quick way is to go to Options/Security Options/General Settings and open the Menu. Select Wipe Handheld. This will delete all User Data. If you have add third party apps to your device then an OS reload without reloading all the apps will also be necessary.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

kevin27 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bk1
    bk1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i work for a wireless carrier and when i got my 8700 initially i was able to download 3rd party apps. Once connected to bes I could not due to IT policy. that was fine because i had apps i needed already on. Unfortunately I made the mistake of doing a back up restore after connected to BES and I lost my 3rd part apps. Recently I went to china and was taken off the BES during that time so as not to pay for any unwanted data via my work email. I have done a soft reset thinking I could do the initial downloading again.

i used the advice you provided below..

Quick way is to go to Options/Security Options/General Settings and open the Menu. Select Wipe Handheld. This will delete all User Data. If you have add third party apps to your device then an OS reload without reloading all the apps will also be necessary.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

But this did not work, the IT policy was still there. The handset is also unlocked (FYI). is there a TOTAL reset option that would wipe out the IT policy or could it possibly be set to the SIM card?

Thanks

bk1

pobz no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: How do I reset my Blackberry 8700 C

i'd love to be able to reset my BB just so its works perhaps. Usually, resetting seems to have wonders on other devices with nifty reset button, but this one, its defending its cause of 'just aint gonna work', ah well, back to the o2 store, AGAIN.

mbrandan no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Re: How do I reset my Blackberry 8700 C

Tuve un problema con el theme Iphone, y mi blackberry me dejo de funcionar, como puedo resetearlo para obtener la configuracion de fabrica, les comento que se reainicia constantemente como si fuera un bucle, se prende y de apaga.. Espero sus respuesta y ayuda... gracias

mpugh no está en línea Stack level 1

i just got a blackberry 8703e and i installed a couple of themes. and the phone restarted like it was supposed to. but now it is in a loop and just shows an hourglass spinning and wont startup. what can i do to get it out of this loop and get those themes off the phone?
    now it is showing me a box with... Data Abor... RESET
    inside of it. if i click the wheel, it goes back into the loop.
    help, please
    Last edited by mpugh; 11-17-2007 at 11:10 AM.

jge162 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same problem please help

please help phone stcuk rebooting
    also same issue as above

is anyone there please help
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 12-17-2007 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Unnecessary separation of posts

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try the process provided here, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected. Follow the instructions very carefully, and be patient.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

bals no está en línea Stack level 1

I am using 8700g and i am recieving mail without any issues, but i am not able to send emails from my BB it says:
    “Sent using: Dekstop (Secure)”
    “Message Status: Desktop Email program unable to submit message”,
    Please suggest if resetting of BB will help or not, and how to reset it to factory settings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast