I really find my Pearl useful but I have had some trouble with it, which ... Networking with PinStackers forum

VXT
    VXT no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Hi new to BB and Pearl and have some Qs

Advertisement

I really find my Pearl useful but I have had some trouble with it, which is a shame b/c i love this phone. First of all my internal speaker went out but came back after I reset the phone, is this a normal problem?

Next, my voice dialing doesn't work . Pressing the conviences key or selecting it in the menu does not bring up the prompt.

Finally is there a way to move my sms text messages from my sim to the computer or microsd card?

Hopefully all my questions can be answered but I hope I didn't get a defective phone :cry:

All right, I'd like to say that this site is the most comprehensive site with the most knowledgeble people.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Re: Hi new to BB and Pearl and have some Qs

Hey, If you hold down the 1 key, it should go straight to voicemail. Also are you new to T-Mobile? Have you set up your voicemail yet? It is easy.

How many times has your internal speaker gone out?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

VXT, Welcome to PinStack.

For the first problem, yes this was a problem with the first TMO OS, What version of the OS are you using?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

VXT
    VXT no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    VXT, Welcome to PinStack.

For the first problem, yes this was a problem with the first TMO OS, What version of the OS are you using?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    How do I check the OS? I went to the about menu so I'll start listing the applications and hopefully one of them will be the OS, here goes:
    Wireless Handheld (Edge) V4.2.0.42 (platform 2.2.0.28)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.4.27
    MicroEdition Configuration:CLDC-1.1
    MicroEdition Profile: MIDP-2.0
    MicroEdition JTWI Version 1.0
    MicroEdition Media 1.1
    MicroEdition PIM 1.0
    MicroEdition File 1.0

Is there be an update available to fix the problem? BTW my internal speaker going out has only happend once before.

Also, my voice dialing problem (not voicemail) went away after I reset my phone again .

I also figured out how to back up my sms text messages, but they are saved as the .ipd file and I haven't been able to find a program to open it up. Is there anyway for me to send it to my computer as a file that can be opened by my computer?

Thanks in advance

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You are using the original TMO OS, You may want to upgrade the OS, but beware that the newer OS will take away your ability to control the Autodim function. The loss of the sound can always be cured by the battery pull.

As to the Text Messages, I believe you can either forward them as email to an account you can access on your PC, or you can buy an Application that will extract them from your ipd file in multiple formats. Search the Internet for ABC Amber BlackBerry. It's not that expensive and works well.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles