Hi all, I'm new here and just got the BB 8700g for a week.... have ... Networking with PinStackers forum

deoneo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203DF6E5

Hi, new 8700g user here!

Advertisement

Hi all,

I'm new here and just got the BB 8700g for a week.... have to learn a lot about this thing (after using only ppc for 4 years) hope you guys around here can help ...

Well, I have one question for now.... after download "Zen theme" to my device, I got a little problem that I don't know how to change the icon on the right bar (default shown 6 icons but 3 of them are not what I want)... so, anyone can tell me how to change it? Appreciate your help..

Thanks,

pentacle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D3EDBA

Re: Hi, new 8700g user here!

That's one I can help you out with. On the home screen scroll down to the black berry symbol and click on it. You will see all the other icons that are not shown on the home screen. When you scroll all the way down it will say "organize applications" click on it and go from there. Real easy. The only thing with Zen is, when you get a message from blackberry messenger it will not show an icon on the home screen.

pentacle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D3EDBA

That's one I can help you out with. On the home screen scroll down to the black berry symbol and click on it. You will see all the other icons that are not shown on the home screen. When you scroll all the way down it will say "organize applications" click on it and go from there. Real easy. The only thing with Zen is, when you get a message from blackberry messenger it will not show an icon on the home screen.

PIN/ID
    203DF6E5

Quote Originally Posted by pentacle
    Hi, Thanks for your tips. Unfortunately, I cannot see the "Organize applications" as per your advice??? Am I doing anything wrong or the "organize applications" is hiding somewhere else?

Thanks in advance for your help,

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Welcome!

Ok, not sure why you aren't seeing Organize Applications? What version and platform do you have? Go to Options>About for that info.

There is also another way to get to Organize Application, Go to Options>Organize Applications. When that menu opens up push in your trackwheel and you will have choice to move or hide applications. The order you move them in will determine what shows on your home screen (i.e. first five show up in your home screen the rest will appear in the order you have them when you click on the BB symbol)

Hope that helps!
    Angie
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

PIN/ID
    203DF6E5

My version is 4.1.0.258 .. I try to look in "option" but I cannot find "organize application" either.. Any suggestion?

Thanks

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    203DF6E5

My version is 4.1.0.258 .. I try to look in "option" but I cannot find "organize application" either.. Any suggestion?

Thanks
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

Almost sounds like there is something corrupted. Have you tried switching to another theme and then going back to Zen theme?
    Also there is a later v4.1.0.377 (platform 2.0.0.152) This includes the Zen theme. If you try the above and it doesn't fix your problem my next suggestion would be to upgrade the os. Feel free to contact me 23DB1D23
    AngieB
    Pin:PMme4it

PIN/ID
    203DF6E5

Quote Originally Posted by abaqueen
    Almost sounds like there is something corrupted. Have you tried switching to another theme and then going back to Zen theme?
    Also there is a later v4.1.0.377 (platform 2.0.0.152) This includes the Zen theme. If you try the above and it doesn't fix your problem my next suggestion would be to upgrade the os. Feel free to contact me 23DB1D23
    ok, I just found the "organize applications"...... its in option/home screen/organize application....... that's why i cannot find it in the first place...

Thanks a lot for your kind help